Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Me Find Browning Gold

dirtypool40

Actually if you are looking at auction sites that is about as cheap as I have seen them. When I was looking for my last SX2 (hint hint) :) I did not see a single one under $750.

Good luck, Craig

Tell me this would not come out looking like one bad ass shotgun. Not to mention it would take the pressure off your skills cuz you would look so damn good :D

Signature Sporting Clays

Thanks guys. Hard to buy a used one for 6-700 when now they are $775 with $100 rebate.

Craig, I am so not cool enough to shoot a winny red shotgun.

Maybe if I got some blue furniture with stars and could go all Captain America!!!

No, probably not.

Keep those links coming.

I got soooo lucky when I found mine. Got it in San Antonio at a little gun shop there years ago. I stopped in while I was in town just to browse and my eye caught the Gold Hunter sitting on their used gun rack. It looked brand new. I asked to field strip it and it was clean as a whistle. How much? $475! I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough! They said someone bought it there and brought it back a few months later, needing money for Christmas. They must have stolen it back from him.

I've only used mine for skeet and trap over the years. I don't think I can bring myself to tear into it and give it the 3-gun treatment. I'll just be keeping my eyes peeled for the next sweet deal. They're out there, just gotta be patient and be ready to snatch 'em up quick!

Two weeks ago I found a Browning Gold Hunter 28" on gunbroker for $449. Had it shipped straight to Jerry from Rockin' H to work his magic on it. He said it is in like new condition---beautiful wood stocks that unfortunately I am having him switch out for SX2 stocks for me.

The bargains are definitely out there, if you are patient and keep looking.

Good luck,

Lee

p.s. I also bought a brand new Browning Gold ladies sporting Clay for $650 and then a $100 rebate from Jays Sporting goods--another steal.