Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Target Suggestions

Putty

Now that the small range construction on my property looms, what do I fill it with and from where? This will be a dedicated training range for practice.

Gonna go low budget at first so no texas stars etc. Just snag some small and large poppers or should i get a few ipsc steel siloheuttes so I can continue to shoot without resetting each string?? I kinda liked scotts setup in ORegon with round steel targets that I could keep plinking at. Perhaps some paper stands as well?

Would like some targets from a reasonable manufacturer in terms of price and longevity of product, if thats possible.

Thanks

Plate Rack! Falls down and easy to reset. Tons of options. Misses the low-budget requirement

MGM ought to be nearby and makes some excellent steel.

I like fixed poppers and plates for practice, but you need to work on paper at least some of the time, so get some stands too.

http://www.dg-precision.com is way down in Texas, but also has a good line in practice steel.

I had some 6 X 11 3/8" steel plates made with a 'U' on the back for about $10 a piece so I could hang them on a steel fencepost (about $5 each). For paper I use grocery bags cut with 1 side & bottom & overlay with a cutout IPSC target to get an upper 'A' zone & lower 'A' & 'C' zones. The remaining side then becomes an 'A' -'C' zone target on scrap cardboard.