Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What other primers can I use with 9mm (147gr, 125gr, 115gr)? Trying to keep an eye out for ANYTHING

taymag

Ive used the same primers for years, cci small pistol #500 and never had a reason to change (not to mention I had near an unlimited supply)

Now were in another drought and I'm looking for anything usable for 9mm

I know I can just google it but I'm hoping I can get your favorites and least favorites to keep an eye out for

I have read and measured, the the outside dimensions primers for small pistol and small rifle are the same.

the small rifle primers are harder.

If you can hit it hard enough to light it, you can use small rifle in pistol cartridges.

the reverse is not a good idea.

mianda

The dimensions are the same but I can't seat CCI SRP below flush in 9mm consistently without having to crush it like revolver reloaders. I think the hardness have something to do with it. I settled with just flush with CCI SRP & it still works fine.

I'm able to seat federal SRP below flush with normal pressure.

11 hours ago, Miranda said:

I have read and measured, the the outside dimensions primers for small pistol and small rifle are the same.

the small rifle primers are harder.

If you can hit it hard enough to light it, you can use small rifle in pistol cartridges.

the reverse is not a good idea.

mianda

I know a lot of people who do this.  One source of primers for both rifle and pistol,  nothing to mix up.  Rifle primers are usually harder than pistol.