Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Range Bag

oddjob

I was shopping at Lowe's the other day and I happen to need a new range bag for USPSA Production shooting.

I got a rolling tool bag, black & yellow in color, made of canvas, extendable handle (like airline luggage). The side pockets have a net type material I throw my used brass in. Plenty deep enough to carry stuff. $49.95 + tax. It was in the tool box section and not the tool bag section (at this store). Took it to a match and it worked great. Check it out!!

Wheels and a handle? I guess I'm going the other way. I got to use my new I-Shot Range Rug in a match for the first time last week and I absolutely loved it. I had my full size tournament bag full of tools, extra ammo, etc. sitting back by the truck in case I needed anything but all I had to carry was this little bitty bag. Why carry a bag with room for your eyes, ears, etc. around with you all day when those things will never be in the bag? When I go from stage to stage I need to carry ammo, some extra mags, and my score sheets and that's really about it. If you don't have one, get one. It works so well you'll feel like you're getting away with something.

http://ishot-inc.com/store/product_info.ph...&products_id=50

I have beenusing the $20 Hoppes bag from Walmart. It is small, I can fit 2 guns, 400 rounds ammo, magazine a few other things so it is not heavy at all to carry around the range. Just another option to look at.

I have a Home Depot bag I used to carry my SS .45 in - worked just fine. I picked up another Dillon bag somewhere so I use it to store a bunch of old mag pouches and holsters in now. Still a Very tuff bag and good value. I also have similar bags to what John linked to and use it to store and carry/transport my (winter) carry gun in. It is exellent for that purpose. I like the smaller bags for various reasons and uses. A couple I carry on the road while working shown. post-2898-1130720062_thumb.jpgpost-2898-1130720094_thumb.jpg

... I got to use my new I-Shot Range Rug in a match for the first time last week and I absolutely loved it.

I got an iShot at the last nationals after lugging all my gear around all week. Just as you stated all the big stuff is stowed in the back of the LandRover and it at worst 1 minute walk away at the match. The only stuff I need to carry is score-sheets, box of ammo and mags. The iShot is one of the best things I have every bought.

Today I did not use it - forgot to bring it - and my shoulder still aches from carting all that stuff around the range.

I got this bag because I can "roll" it. I found that between riding the Harley & carrying a bag my shoulders starts to ache REAL bad. Anyway the bag caught alot of attention at the range. Side Note: I'm getting old as well.

I got this bag because I can "roll" it. I found that between riding the Harley & carrying a bag my shoulders starts to ache REAL bad. Anyway the bag caught alot of attention at the range. Side Note: I'm getting old as well.

Getting old as well, that's why I bought a WALLY WORLD four wheel wagon at start of season, good infated tires, and you can carry EVERYTHING with you, just roll along :)

... I got to use my new I-Shot Range Rug in a match for the first time last week and I absolutely loved it.

I got an iShot at the last nationals after lugging all my gear around all week. Just as you stated all the big stuff is stowed in the back of the LandRover and it at worst 1 minute walk away at the match. The only stuff I need to carry is score-sheets, box of ammo and mags. The iShot is one of the best things I have every bought.

Today I did not use it - forgot to bring it - and my shoulder still aches from carting all that stuff around the range.

Some one had one at our local match recently and looked like a good idea. But how do you carry out your brass, or you dont pick it up? I guess I could hang a brass bag from one of the handles or something.

At most of the matches I attend everyone picks up brass after the match is over so it's easy enough to grab my brass bag out of my main bag after I gear down. If I was picking up during the match, I'd probably just loop my brass bag draw cord around the handle of my range rug. Not as "sleek" as having some sort of internal brass compartment but then again I use a mesh bag for brass so the grass/dirt/rocks can fall out. It's probably better not to put your brass bag inside another bag anyway.