Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HOLSTER for Ruger MKIV w/ Thumb Rest?

MuayThaiJJ

Tandemkross makes a nice Kydex holster for the Mark IV.  You will then have to modify it with a Dremel for the Striplin Thumb Rest.  

I make my own holsters so I can accommodate then for the thumb rest by cutting the leather down.

Mamba from rear.jpg

6 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Thanks, man. I was thinking of doing that with the "Tactical Solutions Black Polymer Paddle Holster for Ruger MK1V" I assume it's the same model? Looks identical:

s-l500.jpg

That's the one.  Use the cutting wheel and then the sander to make it look good.   Good luck.

• 1 year later...
On 1/1/2021 at 10:23 PM, MuayThaiJJ said:

Hey guys, I have a new Ruger MKIV Competition, and it will soon have the Striplin Thumb Rest. Does anyone know a good holster that will accommodate this setup?

IMG-7433.jpg

Ruger-Mark-iv-Thumbrest.jpg

thanks!

Did you ever get a holster and get it modified for the thumbrest?   Would it be possible to post some pictures?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Revrent said:

Did you ever get a holster and get it modified for the thumbrest?   Would it be possible to post some pictures?

Thank you

I ended up using a Guga Ribas universal speed holster

4 hours ago, Revrent said:

Thank you

I am using a Volquartsen holster

https://volquartsen.com/products/1334-holster-for-mamba-tf

The one I linked is for the regular Ruger Mk pistols, not the 22/45s. 

I then used the dremel cutting tool to cut away some material to fit the thumbrest. It's not the tidiest job, but nobody will ever see that part of the holster anyway.

20221008_192844.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/11/2023 at 3:51 PM, MuayThaiJJ said:

I have the competition model with the Volquartsen clamp on comp so it was very long and looked a bit silly dangling from the Guga Ribas holster bit it held up fine

I'm having real trouble setting it up. I have the Tandemkross victory trigger, and it just feels like it's too big and getting in the way of the passive locking mechanism that pops up when you push the trigger guard against the two white screws. Do you have the factory Ruger trigger?

7 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

I'm having real trouble setting it up. I have the Tandemkross victory trigger, and it just feels like it's too big and getting in the way of the passive locking mechanism that pops up when you push the trigger guard against the two white screws. Do you have the factory Ruger trigger?

Here is my setup:

48 minutes ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Here is my setup:

Ah ok.

After some more fiddling with the GR holster, I've got it to work. Although there is a bit of play when the holster is locked, it does retain the gun. Did you experience something similar, in that it's not a perfect fit?

1 hour ago, Blackstone45 said:

Ah ok.

After some more fiddling with the GR holster, I've got it to work. Although there is a bit of play when the holster is locked, it does retain the gun. Did you experience something similar, in that it's not a perfect fit?

Mine took some tuning, I did take my time until it secured the trigger guard well enough, and my Mark IV is heavy - 57oz