Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Huge shoutout to Stacatto Guns !!

Nimitz

as many of you know, last spring I cracked the slide on my STI SteelMaster while training with Ben Stoeger.  I spent a few months unsuccessfully trying to source a new slide and after a while thought I might just have a $3,500 paperweight.  Finally decided to contact STI (now Staccato Guns) looking to see if they knew where I could find a slide.  To my surprise they said I should fill out a warranty claim instead which I did.  a couple of days later I got a notice that I should send in my gun for warranty repair -- nice!

after about 5 weeks I called to check on the status and was referred to Ricky in their warranty department.  He told me that he'd been unable to locate a Steel Master slide and that they had stopped manufacturing them last Dec.  he even asked his head machinists what would it take to mill a new slide & was told "a new machine shop ...".  he told me he had several slides that would work but they were for 9mm major and the gun would not run reliably with minor so that was out.  he then said to give him another week or so to see if he could come up with something.  during that time I was prepared to tell him to just convert it to 9 major and I'd try to sell the gun to recover something out of it.

just as I was getting ready to call him he calls me and says he's found a slide that will work & is sending to their machine shop to be milled & fitted!  Roll forward 2 months & my SteelMaster just arrived in the mail today sporting its new top end.  this top end can hold a slide racker which they also installed at no charge.  also, because the profile is different, there is a brand new Comp on it as well - also no charge.

Bottom line:  when you buy a high end gun you pay more but you also get more - they stand behind their guns - period.

attached are what the the gun used to look like (top pic) & with the new slide & Comp (bottom pic) (didn't bother setting up my studio to take a glamour shot like the original one ... lol)

STI Steel master.jpg

6E60D8B8-4E9D-454B-97F3-66450D47BC3F.jpeg

Edited by Nimitz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, Kema said:

Well I am still waiting for warranty and it has been almost a year. Matchmaster and DVC open slides both gone.

You must be one of the sponsored shooters to get service?

Did they ever finish your warranty work? What ended up happening?