Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first PCC

On 12/16/2020 at 4:26 PM, BillChunn said:

Mine was built from a matched LeadStar upper and lower.  

Very tight tolerances across the entire rifle, specifically the trigger locator pins.  Never had to get the "linked" ones as both of the pins have never moved.

BC

Blue_Carbine2.jpg

Bill, you have essentially created a Leadstar Helium.  Donnie at Stage Zero shooting had the Helium builders kit on sale for $999.  Smoke Composites makes the hand guard, stock and grip.  Stage Zero makes the mag well.  The Helium CF grip is unique to Leadstar.  I'm seriously considering buying one, because I love my Leadstar Prime and wouldn't mind a second chassis to experiment with.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:18 PM, Bdh821 said:

I specifically don't use a JP because they aren't lefty friendly.  Max doesn't use one either.  

I'm a lefty and didn't find my JP to be any problem because of that.  At the very least they provide an ambidextrous safety and you can remove either side's lever to accommodate your preference.  A remarkable number of high cost PCCs only provide a right-handed safety. 

I did change the charging handle for a Radian ambidextrous one but, again, ambidextrous charging handles are very rare as OEM.

12 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

I'm a lefty and didn't find my JP to be any problem because of that.  At the very least they provide an ambidextrous safety and you can remove either side's lever to accommodate your preference.  A remarkable number of high cost PCCs only provide a right-handed safety. 

I did change the charging handle for a Radian ambidextrous one but, again, ambidextrous charging handles are very rare as OEM.

The charging handle and safety arent a big deal.  Those can be easily changed.  The magazine catch button being on the right side (ejection port site) is the wrong site.  This really only matters on classifiers basically.  But it was enough of a point where I would not buy it.

On 12/17/2020 at 12:03 PM, p51bird said:

The question is answered best with another question.  How many PCC's do you want?  If the answer is 1 then buy a JP.   If the answer is 2 then buy something else and then you will buy the JP.

I have had mine for over a year and it has NEVER failed in any way.  I have done some sample loads running around 550 fps and still no failure.  The trigger is awesome, the short stroke bolt is super fast and it is nice and light.  

My suggestion is the buy the right one first, you will save lots of money in the long run and it will leave room in the safe for your next purchase.

Good Luck

I think the expression is “buy once, cry once.” The salesman told me that when my wife bought my my Mathews bow. That worked then too. I went with the Ruger since PCC is just something I am going to experiment with and really like shooting CO. If that were not the case I would have gotten a JP as well. I believe one should take their hobbies seriously. And, no I am not rich just spend my money on the “right” things 

Follow up.

Loving the JP.  Holosun 510c

ive been burning through ammo though.

I’m a new reloader and have been playing with pistol loads.  If I load too light to cycle slide or have OAL issue with pistol, I just load them in the JP—they shoot fine.

I have a bunch of Blue bullets on order.  I’ll keep an eye on the comp. Which Dremel attachment do you use to clean up any build up?