Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 Orange questions/comments

jejb

Picked up my new S2O yesterday, my first CZ. Strictly a range/comp gun. Did a quick clean/lube on it at the gun shop/range and ran 50 rounds through it. A bit milder recoil impulses than my X5. Really nice trigger. One thing I didn't like about the trigger was the difference in trigger position between SA and DA. Had to reach up a ways to engage it on the DA pulls. I have a P229 Legion SA/DA and it is more consistent that way. I have XL/XXL hands, so it was not a big deal, just something different than I'm used to. I'm sure I'll get used to it. VERY accurate gun.

Just wondering if I should take the slide apart for a good cleaning also? I see some grease oozing from the extractor a bit, which makes me think it's been factory over lubed. Is oil okay for the slide rails or is grease recommended?

Came with a bunch of different springs. I'll shoot it a bit before deciding if I need to change them out. Thinking I may want to lighten up the DA pull, but time will tell. Nary a hiccup out of the 50 124gr bullets yesterday.

Any recommendations on things to clean or watch for would be appreciated. I'll go through the mags and clean them up today.

Is there a good armorers/repair manual for these guns? I read the owners manual, and it doesn't even talk about the springs that were included, so shows me detail is lacking. So hoping there is a better source I can download or buy. I know there are lots of YT vids, but would prefer a more all inclusive type of thing.

12 hours ago, cwmoss said:

I have one of these getting to my dealer on Monday. Can't wait to compare it to my S2Blue. 

I have both the S2 Orange and the S2 Blue both have been Cajunized and the S2 Blue has the 10X bushing.  The 10X bushing makes a world of a difference on the S2 blue the upgrade is definitely a better option than the stock bushing from factory.  It locks up very, very nicely!  Lastly, the S2 Blue is just as accurate as the S2 Orange the Orange has a better edge in accuracy.  But to get real measurable results I will need to use a Ransom bench rest to truly measure accuracy, etc.  

I went ahead and pulled the slide apart. Glad I did. Stuff they ship them with made the firing pin spring stick a bit, and the extractor had too much grease on it.

Still curious on if there is better documentation/manuals available for these.