Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 SHADOW CUSTOM vs CZ SP01 SHADOW TARGET CUSTOM- DIFFERENCE?

TheGoatMumbler

After spending months trying to get my Walther PPQ Q5 Match SF to run properly (the factory can't fix it either) I was about to join the DA/SA CZ cult and pull the trigger on a new CZ SP01 Shadow Custom for $1300. But I ran across a sweet deal for a SP01 Shadow TARGET Custom 2 tone locally I couldn't resist. Looking at the website other than the adjustable rear sight and an upcharge of $387 I can't figure out the difference.  Both seem to have all the same trigger work, custom fitting  and spring changes. No mention of a different barrel.  Any thoughts?

Edited by TheGoatMumbler

Exactly what I went through --- can't get Q5 SF to run properly and gave up on Walther factory. Now I switched to CZ.

I had also debated about Shadow Custom or Target. I ended up getting neither. What I eventually get is: Shadow RDS (91158) and before they ship I asked CZC to do the custom work exactly as in Shadow Custom. In the end it is a Shadow Custom RDS and cheaper than Shadow Target. I can switch between iron sight and red dot whenever I want. To me this is a much better value than Target. (The rear sight is elevation adjustable. So it is as good as the fully adjustable in Target.)