Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 - Metal Grip Fitting Tutorial?

Avedis

Does anyone have an in depth tutorial on fitting a metal 2011 grip to a frame?

I understand the basic concepts, and have read what was available on this forum, but I haven't found a full on tutorial (tools, process, photos, etc). 

Thanks!

Does anyone have an in depth tutorial on fitting a metal 2011 grip to a frame?

I understand the basic concepts, and have read what was available on this forum, but I haven't found a full on tutorial (tools, process, photos, etc). 

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, zzt said:

Whose frame and grip do you have?  For example, a Cheely e2 grip goes right on late model STIs, JEM Guns poly frames and Brazos Custom with no fitting.

Plan was to add a Cheely E2 Agressive steel grip to an Atlas Hyperion. I understand why Atlas chose the aluminum grip, just not a big fan of the feel.

I emailed Cheely to see if Atlas is using their frames on the Hyperion. Figured it would be relatively easy to fit the Cheely E2 Steel grip if the frame is Cheely as well. Any ideas? Haven't heard back from Cheely on the matter. 

49 minutes ago, Avedis said:

Plan was to add a Cheely E2 Agressive steel grip to an Atlas Hyperion. I understand why Atlas chose the aluminum grip, just not a big fan of the feel.

I'd call Adam and ask.  He uses PT metal grips, so my guess is yours is a PT Al grip.  PT and Cheely grips do not fit on the same frame.  When I ordered my frame and slide from JEM I ordered an EVO grip frame.  He makes two frames.  The order got mixed up and he sent a poly grip frame.  The slide had already been fit, etc.  I asked him how much effort it would take to fit and EVO grip.  He said about eight hours with a file.  That should give you some idea of how big a difference there is between the grips.  It all worked out in the end.  I waited 6 months for the Cheely e2 to be off backorder.  It popped right on.  All I had to do was tighten the grip screws and put the bushing in.

Edited by zzt

They are no longer using PT grips. In fact, I tried to order a custom gun with a PT grip, and they said they literally only had one in-house, and would not be ordering more. Based off what i've seen them producing, its all Cheely grips. For me, the question is if the frame is Cheely as well. 

It's unfortunate, because I really liked the shape/feel of the PT Evo.