Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Imr Pb

I just recieved an 8 pound keg of IMR PB instead of 7625. It looks like I'm going to have to keep it as the place I orderd it from is telling me it was my mistake. My question is has anyone tried this in any pistol load and to what success have they had. I had never even heard of this powder before and have no idea what I will use it for.

Thanks,

BJ

I know that is is mainly used for loading shotshells but it does have applications for loading regular pistol loads.

You can either use it if you shoot lots of caliber's but 8 lbs. is a lot to have for something you don't use. I would see if I could sell it off and recoup some of your money. If you have any trap/skeet/clays ranges around you might find a buyer there?

Neal in AZ

You need to find out if Beikirch's of Rochester, NY will have their roving ammo truck make a stop in VT for your future orders. Those people are great, and if there is a mistake the driver just picks the stuff up on the next run to your club and gives you credit, rather than arguing about whose fault it is.

Edited by Rob Boudrie

I use PB a lot. It works very well in the 9mm (minor) and the 40S&W (minor and major). It is pretty fast and it burns clean. It is one of my favorite powders for major 40.

It also works very well in 12ga and 20ga shotguns loads.......

What are your loads for .40 S&W?

TIA!

Try starting at 5.0gr's with an OAL of 1.175-1.185" with a 180gr FMJ. That should get you pretty close.......
Bob - Thanks! I'm not sure my mags will let me load that long (Steyr), so I'll probably do 1.15" and 4.5 grains to start.