Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Combo Hi-cap

G+16

considering sending a Hi-Cap frame that I have, either the rock island or springfield off to have converted to 40 S&W, will ramped barrel of course (barstol), question can I send the 45 acp slide with it and have the same pistol set up to run the 40 and 45 on same pistol frame, different barrels of course, the slide for the 40 will be a sti., is this do able or just a old man's wet dream? :)

As long as the frame is full sized or oversized it is possible. Fit both slides to the frame without modifying the frame and have both ejectors fit but not pinned into the frame.

That way you can interchange the entire topend, including the ejectors in a matter of minutes. We do this regularly by building an Open and Limited topend on a single frame.........

I Had an STI set up with a comped slide for Open and barrel, and a Tac. slide and barrel. Just take off the scope mount, five screws. I did that maybe three times in two years untill the open gun was stolen in a car burgulary. I was left with just the Tac slide and barrel. Now I have it as a seperate gun all is own and I am happy with it. I was not happy with the convertable before and I felt like i had wasted the extra $$$. Go for what you realy wont, sounds like you wont a 40 cal and a 45 get two and have twice as much fun. each gun will last twice as long.

JF

G+16, a much easier done and useable combo, at least in my opion is a 9mm/ 40. The 40 will do anything the 45 will do and you have the nine for cheap shooting without reloading and the events that dont have power factor. Benny Hill builds lots of them. Give him a call at 361-242-1091.-----Larry

thanks larry, that may be better in the long run, the only reason for the 45 part was that they've both already have the slides on them (don't really need any more 45, I think seven is enough) I just might call benny

thanks