Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FC vs LC 223 brass ?

usmc1974

I was going through my brass cleaning and sorting them, I came across two casings that look almost identical. One says LC and it's got the balls on it, says 13. The other looks just like if it says FC with the balls on it  223 Rem. how close are these cases or are they the same case capacity just different headstamps

20200717_121807-1.jpg

Thanks for the information I have other FC brass that is commercial that looks completely different then to F C brass in the picture. I was told they are both the same strength and both military markings. But I don't know why I asked you guys. The wealth of knowledge here on BE forms is unlimited

9 hours ago, sschultz said:

I measured the web thickness and it's the same for LC and FC.  It's been a long standing notion the FC brass wasn't any good for reloading. That FC is just as strong as Lc

Thanks for the update on the 2 brass.

In the early '90's I found FC brass useless in my AR due to the primer pockets opening up or even leaving the brass and jamming up the gun.  Winchester was great though.  FC brass is good in my Rem 700.  I have used LC in my Rem, but not too many, so I really can't comment on the quality, but I have used a fair number of LC in .308 and it's great.