Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stainless steel tumbling rifle brass

Jeremyc_1999

What size stainless steel pins or media do you use for reloading rifle brass?  I'm mainly looking at 223 and 260.  I have issues with the pins not wanting to come out of the case.  I'm currently using the .047" Diameter 0.255" length pins

The pins do a better job and clean the primer pocket better. Only thing is you have to check the flash hole for stuck pins. Look on line for tumbling pins and they should work just fine.

there is a guy on Facebook that sells a kind of small chips that works well also 

Edited by sschultz

Southern shine media is the company that sells the SS chips on Facebook.  I just bought some and have used them once so far on some 6.5 creedmore brass.  I am really happy with the results.  I was using the pins that came with the franklin armory tumbler.  With the 6.5 brass I had issues with some pins getting lodged in the neck.  Some of the pins I guess are a little shorter and somehow get wedged into the primer pocket.  With chips I did not have any issues, and I think they may have even cleaned a little better.

9 hours ago, Grandmastah said:

Southern shine media is the company that sells the SS chips on Facebook.  I just bought some and have used them once so far on some 6.5 creedmore brass.  I am really happy with the results.  I was using the pins that came with the franklin armory tumbler.  With the 6.5 brass I had issues with some pins getting lodged in the neck.  Some of the pins I guess are a little shorter and somehow get wedged into the primer pocket.  With chips I did not have any issues, and I think they may have even cleaned a little better.

Thanks. That sounds like very similar issues tho what I am experiencing. I’ll check out the stainless chips