Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm having a weird issue with my S2

wdfwguy

I just picked up a used Shadow 2 and took it to the range last week, and everything ran great.  Yesterday, I was going to try it out with an S2 slide milled for a dot (CZC/RDS).  When I put the new slide on, it wouldn't rack.  Took it off and on a few times, same result.  I put the original slide back on, now IT won't cycle.  Without the slide stop, the slide racks back and forth perfectly.  I only have the one S2 frame and slide stop to try, but I don't see anything obviously wrong.  And I'm lining up the slide/frame correctly when I'm inserting the slide stop.  I'm at a loss...

Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, wdfwguy said:

I just picked up a used Shadow 2 and took it to the range last week, and everything ran great.  Yesterday, I was going to try it out with an S2 slide milled for a dot (CZC/RDS).  When I put the new slide on, it wouldn't rack.  Took it off and on a few times, same result.  I put the original slide back on, now IT won't cycle.  Without the slide stop, the slide racks back and forth perfectly.  I only have the one S2 frame and slide stop to try, but I don't see anything obviously wrong.  And I'm lining up the slide/frame correctly when I'm inserting the slide stop.  I'm at a loss...

Any thoughts?

Wow, that is a weird one...

Long shot here: but you might try wiggling and/or playing with the safety levers, moving them around a bit (in/out), and then see if you can get it to allow the slide to behave normally (I'd try this with the original slide that was working fine first) and see what you get..?

...I have heard of guys finding out the hard way that sometimes the safeties with certain CZ's don't always play nice-nice with every slide until they're in the exact place to let the slides ride through the channels in the safety's post that goes through the sear cage and frame horizontally...

1 minute ago, ck1 said:

Wow, that is a weird one...

Long shot here: but you might try wiggling and/or playing with the safety levers, moving them around a bit (in/out), and then see if you can get it to allow the slide to behave normally (I'd try this with the original slide that was working fine first) and see what you get..?

...I have heard of guys finding out the hard way that sometimes the safeties with certain CZ's don't always play nice-nice with every slide until they're in the exact place to let the slides ride through the channels in the safety's post that goes through the sear cage and frame horizontally...

Thanks, I'll try that

2 hours ago, wdfwguy said:

Thanks, I'll try that

No problem, hope it works out.

Also FWIW, checking to make sure that the trigger bar spring is still riding under the trigger bar correctly, and isn't jammed between the trigger bar and the frame might be another thing to take a look at, because that could muck everything up....?

I looked at it again last night, and I noticed there was no tension on the slide stop.  It looks like the spring isn't dropping into the notch on the slide stop.  I put in a slide stop from an older SP01, and the slide cycled normally.

I don't understand at all, because I shot it a few days earlier and it was running perfectly.

17 minutes ago, wdfwguy said:

I looked at it again last night, and I noticed there was no tension on the slide stop.  It looks like the spring isn't dropping into the notch on the slide stop.  I put in a slide stop from an older SP01, and the slide cycled normally.

I don't understand at all, because I shot it a few days earlier and it was running perfectly.

Very weird...

Maybe the slide-stop spring got bent a little somehow when swapping slides? Maybe bend it or play with it a bit so it goes back to normal?