Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H&k Usp Custom Sport

PhilTerry

Hi guys,

I have a similar question as I have a factory produced Custom Sport test gun (Which I know probably isn't legal for Production, but I am going to use it for IDPA) I lucked into the gun at a smoking price and it is set up well and handles beautifully. It is a USP Fullsize in 40SW with a Match Trigger which seems to have a shortened reset or is at least the shortest reseting USP I have handled. Also has the Jet Funnel with the 16 round mags and a set of Meprolight Night Sights on it. Is also a Variant 9 which is Cocked and Locked and also an ambi safety which pushes it out of production, but perfect for ESP in IDPA.

I've been using a 9mm fullsize which has been converted and legal for Production. It has the Tactical sights, theTactical trigger group, and a Bruce Gray trigger job. I also installed a Jarvis barrel. I've heard and was reading that the Jet funnel is allowed in Production as HK had a LEO order of guns that the mag well was on which gave it the "factory" and number of units approval. There was a guy at one of the recent Area matches that was using one. At first there were some comments and concerns, but then was ruled as legal. I would still check though.

I like mine. I don't have many problems now, lol. At first I was having ammo problems with the Jarvis barrel, FCD took care of that. There's no aftermarket for the HK's and that's a downside. I wish there were more options for tuning the gun with springs and what not. Things are expensive for them. Hk's customer service use to really suck, but I haven't talked to them recently, so I don't know if that's changed.

Everybody is different. People either hate them or love them. You don't see many people using them.

• 1 month later...

I have a Custom sport in 9mm for Production. The DA shot is not that great, but can be made better with proper polishing of the hammer strut and other internals. The hammer strut requires proper lubrication to smooth out. The SA shots are great. Great for distance steel, and not bad for double taps. Replace the front sight with an Ameriglo unit.

Edited by Mo Hepworth