Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone running an accupower 1-8 with a 45 deg offset dot?

tha1000

If so, what mounts are you running?  Purchased a Warne XSKEL 34mm mount and the offset dot is obstructed by the windage knob.  Wondering if the Warne RAMP would fix this?  Or if I need a different mount combo?  

Edited by tha1000

You will still see some of the windage knob in the sight. I tried the XSkel offset but it pulled the dot in too close and the view was almost completely blocked. The camera view shows the knob blocking more than what my eye sees behind the rifle.

20200413_211738.jpg

8 minutes ago, PatriotMRD said:

You will still see some of the windage knob in the sight. I tried the XSkel offset but it pulled the dot in too close and the view was almost completely blocked. The camera view shows the knob blocking more than what my eye sees behind the rifle.

I’m assuming the Warne offset is the A645 that they market for a front sight for the RAMP mount if you were to run irons?  If so, that tells me that the Warne ramp won’t solve my problem and I guess you need to go with a super tall (recon H or geissele ) to get the gigantic windage knob out of the way. 

19 hours ago, tha1000 said:

If so, what mounts are you running?  Purchased a Warne XSKEL 34mm mount and the offset dot is obstructed by the windage knob.  Wondering if the Warne RAMP would fix this?  Or if I need a different mount combo?  

You running this in 3 gun or just in general?  I was just wondering if anyone has run this scope in 3 gun and how it would do.. wondering about the eye relief mostly..

1 minute ago, gondo said:

You running this in 3 gun or just in general?  I was just wondering if anyone has run this scope in 3 gun and how it would do.. wondering about the eye relief mostly..

Just in general, maybe some 2/3 gun at some point just for giggles.  I’ll probably take some classes and try to add some semi regular training with this gun in, but I have no burning desire to compete with it.

1 minute ago, gondo said:

i got ya, thanks for the reply

I had shoulder surgery in February, so I’m probably still a ways away from being able to offer any substantive opinion on the scope.  

On 4/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, gondo said:

I have 2. The rifle in the pics is my Open rifle. I also have 1 on my recently finished Heavy Optics rifle. So far, I really like them. The only major match I have tried it at was the 2018 Rockcastle Pro-am. Was set to run it other big open terrain matches (my match flavor preference) but, family circumstances have put those on hold.