Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot on M2

caz41

We have drilled / tapped quite a few guns including M2s for Weaver, Picatinny and custom type optic bases. The rear section of the M2 receiver is thick enough to securely hold most optic mounts.

Sumtoy (and maybe others) make custom bases that set a Fastrife and similar dots lower on the receiver that rail mounting

6 hours ago, GunCat said:

We have drilled / tapped quite a few guns including M2s for Weaver, Picatinny and custom type optic bases. The rear section of the M2 receiver is thick enough to securely hold most optic mounts.

Sumtoy (and maybe others) make custom bases that set a Fastrife and similar dots lower on the receiver that rail mounting

Steve do you think that is a superior method to do it versus something similar to speedbead mount?

3 hours ago, caz41 said:

Steve do you think that is a superior method to do it versus something similar to speedbead mount?

Yes I do. Take a look at using the Marlin rifle base in this link. We have installed that mount system on several hunting guns.

Burris red dot on a shotgun using a Marlin rifle base

fastfire-turkey-blog-6.jpg

Edited by GunCat

Send the receiver to Primary Machine and have them mill it for a dot.  It’s really the only way to get an optic low enough to get a good cheek weld.  I really like the circle dot reticle of the holosun 507c.

147EAC8D-BA52-4A7B-9D4A-84A191EC10F3.jpeg

B4F9056A-E482-4F26-BE87-B74A77CAB3CD.jpeg

33 minutes ago, CharlieD said:

Send the receiver to Primary Machine and have them mill it for a dot.  It’s really the only way to get an optic low enough to get a good cheek weld.  I really like the circle dot reticle of the holosun 507c.

147EAC8D-BA52-4A7B-9D4A-84A191EC10F3.jpeg

B4F9056A-E482-4F26-BE87-B74A77CAB3CD.jpeg

What do they charge to do that? It wasn’t listed on their website 

7 hours ago, CharlieD said:

Send them an email, but I believe it’s around $200.  It’s done properly, and I have a true return to zero when I remove it and remount.

Interesting....Does the machined out area leave 2 post to set the Dot on to, and have a radius on the front of the cut?

15 minutes ago, GunCat said:

Interesting....Does the machined out area leave 2 post to set the Dot on to, and have a radius on the front of the cut?

Yes to both.  Primary Machine is known for their precise optic cuts.  I know the guys there well enough to know that they would not do something unless they could do it right.

I’ll second the Speed Bead Burris mount. Have had it for several years and never a problem. It’s easy to install, puts the dot low, is reversible, and doesn’t cost much money. Really nothing to not like about it.