Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA AP-1 Action Pistol target source?

Lower40

Looking for a source to purchase some official NRA Action Pistol targets (cardboard).

I see a bunch of folks selling them...want to be sure to grab the correct targets.

BTW: When did they go to the "black X-Ring" center?

s-l500.jpg

Here's your best bet that cuts out the "middle-man".

https://www.nationaltarget.com/product_info.php/1cb-p-26

The one you pictured is only used at Bianchi Cup with the notches at the bottom.  The others available have 2 holes on the bottom and another on the top for mounting purposes.  The black 4" centers have been around for about 10 years or so now.

Alan~^~

8 hours ago, Alan550 said:

Here's your best bet that cuts out the "middle-man".

https://www.nationaltarget.com/product_info.php/1cb-p-26

The one you pictured is only used at Bianchi Cup with the notches at the bottom.  The others available have 2 holes on the bottom and another on the top for mounting purposes.  The black 4" centers have been around for about 10 years or so now.

Alan~^~

Thanks for the info...went to the site and they ask for every bit of info about you before giving a shipping cost...prefer shipping costs up front.

Give them a call tomorrow and you can get what you want to know over the phone.  The lady who handles the calls is Terry, very friendly and easy to get along with.  There is a 20% Club discount and prices come down the more you order, naturally.  Our last order was for 1,200 so the price was $62.40/100 = $748.80.  We're only a couple hundred miles away from them and shipping was $77.86 for the 12 boxes of 100 each.  That worked out to $68.88/100, or ~$.69 per target with shipping included.

If you don't want/need that many you might consider getting together with another club in your area to boost the total number of targets ordered.  That's what we did.  Hope this helps.

Alan~^~

11 hours ago, Alan550 said:

Give them a call tomorrow and you can get what you want to know over the phone.  The lady who handles the calls is Terry, very friendly and easy to get along with.  There is a 20% Club discount and prices come down the more you order, naturally.  Our last order was for 1,200 so the price was $62.40/100 = $748.80.  We're only a couple hundred miles away from them and shipping was $77.86 for the 12 boxes of 100 each.  That worked out to $68.88/100, or ~$.69 per target with shipping included.

If you don't want/need that many you might consider getting together with another club in your area to boost the total number of targets ordered.  That's what we did.  Hope this helps.

Alan~^~

Thanks again..I'll give them a call tomorrow.

The last targets I bought for our club came from Target Barn last July.  It's just who we have always dealt with. 

https://www.targetbarn.com/ap-1-cb-100-target-barn-cardboard-targets.php

The cost of the targets isn't bad but it's the shipping that gets you. 

As earlier stated, be careful which connection option you use for the bottom of the target. 

Joe,

It would make no sense for you to order from Target Barn in Ohio when they only get them from National Target in Maryland, who ships them north to Ohio who in turn ships them back south to you.  More shipping costs all around.  That's why we went to the mfg source in MD to save the shipping costs.

Just my opinion, FWIW.

Alan~^~

• 2 weeks later...

HI.  I am not sure this is the right forum for this question but I am looking for clarification on Action Pistol Production class rules.  Does anyone know if you can replace the hammer and trigger and still be production class legal?  I am shooting a CZ SP01 Tactical and plan on doing a CGW trigger job.