Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 1911 conversion 40sw to 9mm

Jetskidawg

You're unlikely to find a drop-in that will do what  you want. 

Minimum you need a new barrel, ejector and extractor  tune, plus fitting.  If the larger breechface doesn't work (maybe if dedicated .40 BF, maybe not if it started as a .45), then new slide too.

By the time a gunsmith does even the first half, you're probably better off selling one gun and buying the one you want.

What type of ramp cut do you have ?  Wilson/Nowlin or Clark/Para .   Hooper Gun Works sells complete Rock Island slides with sights for less than $200 and TR Enabling sells barrels for around $120 in either ramp cut. The R/I slides are forged and as good as any. You would need a firing pin and a firing pin stop, as well as a extractor for the slide. Not a lot spent for a new topend. TR Enabling barrels are the barrels that are used in the CZ 1911's. Great shooting barrels. TR Enabling also sells complete topends, not sure of the ramp configurations.  Don't know if that would put you into to much money spent, but it is another option.

As shred mentioned, I don't know of any barrel conversions similar to the Glock conversions for a 1911 due to the difference in the breech face.

On 2/2/2020 at 6:06 AM, troupe said:

What type of ramp cut do you have ?  Wilson/Nowlin or Clark/Para .   Hooper Gun Works sells complete Rock Island slides with sights for less than $200 and TR Enabling sells barrels for around $120 in either ramp cut. The R/I slides are forged and as good as any. You would need a firing pin and a firing pin stop, as well as a extractor for the slide. Not a lot spent for a new topend. TR Enabling barrels are the barrels that are used in the CZ 1911's. Great shooting barrels. TR Enabling also sells complete topends, not sure of the ramp configurations.  Don't know if that would put you into to much money spent, but it is another option.

As shred mentioned, I don't know of any barrel conversions similar to the Glock conversions for a 1911 due to the difference in the breech face.

I think the Sig is a Wilson/Nowlin.  Is the completed slide from Rock Island a bull barrel deign? If so, I wouldn’t want to go that path because I’m using this 1911 for USPSA single stack division.  I should have mentioned this in my OP.