Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge

Hi everyone. First post. I’m retired. Presently live in Cape Coral, Florida and shoot the steel challenge match in Punta Gorda every Wednesday night and one Saturday a month. I’m seriously thinking about moving to Chandler, Arizona. Do not know anything about steel challenge matches around there. I really enjoy shooting steel challenge and availability and frequency of matches is one factor in considering my move. Can anyone around Chandler give me the lowdown. Thanks. 

Hi, I'm from the other side of town but shoot Steel Challenge at Ben Avery Shooting Facility in North Phoenix.  It's only a little over an hour drive.  There are two clubs there that shoot Steel Challenge.  The second and third Sundays.  Close to Chandler you can shoot at Rio Salado in Mesa.  If I remember correctly there don't shoot all 8 stages.  The club hosts some of the best shooters in the world.

There is also a club in Prescott that shoots on the second Sunday.  It's a bit of a trip, about 2 hours but it is a great club also.

Let me know if you need more specifics.

• 3 weeks later...