Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will this work on 7.62 in heavy

It's not magnified but does have a bullet drop dial. Explained in short vid.

Freedom Red Dot Sight (RDS) BDC 1x34mm

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/red-dot-sights/freedom-red-dot-sight-rds-bdc-1x34mm

(Not my first post. Been here for over 10 years. Some mod got mad because I was posting in classified and he zero'd my post numbers)

• 3 weeks later...

It'll definitely be a little different, but how much depends on how your specific rifle shoots your specific ammo under your specific local conditions. By and large, 5.56 and 7.62 actually aren't hugely different in terms of ballistics, but you're still definitely going to want to confirm that against your specific setup.

For the sake of reference, it's not a direct apples-to-apples comparison, but just looking at reticle holds in Strelok, if I take the same reticle and zero distance that I use for 77 grain 5.56 and plug in a typical 7.62 loading, my 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 yard holds become 200, 290, 390, 400, and 620 yard holds, so... it'll probably be fairly close. You'll probably be a couple of clicks off from what the BDC dial says (but given differences in ammunition, barrel length, etc., that'd probably still happen with 5.56), and you'll want to verify by how much yourself, but it probably won't be totally and completely off. Probably.