Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I finally shot a Canik, and now I want one...

wdfwguy

1 hour ago, jtaylor996 said:

I have both the SFx and Elite Combat Exec (salient). The SFx is probably more accurate by a hair than the EC. I think Salient just designs the parts, but Canik makes them. So the barrels should be about the same (CHF, actually).

My SFx has a freedomsmith trigger, which is a bit better than the salient one, as it has less pretravel/overtravel.

Any difference shooting wise? Recoil etc? Or about the same?

5 minutes ago, parabat said:

Any difference shooting wise? Recoil etc? Or about the same?

Actually not much. The magwell on the EC makes it fit my hand well enough that I don't notice the missing grip length. Barrel lengths are about the same if you consider that the EC is threaded past the end of the slide. I'd say the SFx edges it by a tiny amount, but that may just be the trigger difference.

What shocked me last time out was how well I was shooting the little SC, with the abs cowitness dot (SMS2, or whatever it comes with) I was running plate racks as fast or faster than the EC. With a little CC gun, and the bone stock canik trigger. That put a big ol grin on my face. I gotta get one soon. I still struggle with dots, I suppose.

Right now I have the 507gr on the EC and a vortex viper on the SFx. I may want to try primary arm's custom 507 reticle on the SFX (the circle is bigger than the window... neat innovation).

9 minutes ago, jtaylor996 said:

Actually not much. The magwell on the EC makes it fit my hand well enough that I don't notice the missing grip length. Barrel lengths are about the same if you consider that the EC is threaded past the end of the slide. I'd say the SFx edges it by a tiny amount, but that may just be the trigger difference.

What shocked me last time out was how well I was shooting the little SC, with the abs cowitness dot (SMS2, or whatever it comes with) I was running plate racks as fast or faster than the EC. With a little CC gun, and the bone stock canik trigger. That put a big ol grin on my face. I gotta get one soon. I still struggle with dots, I suppose.

Right now I have the 507gr on the EC and a vortex viper on the SFx. I may want to try primary arm's custom 507 reticle on the SFX (the circle is bigger than the window... neat innovation).

Very Nice, i shoot ipsc with an elite combat atm, but i have to get used to the higher  bore axis, since im used to glock. Recoil feels a bit snappier as with a glock, but the trigger and accuracy are way better with te canik