Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2A LW BCG with adjustable gas, not Titanium model

guidedmiscle

Anybody try one of these? Curious if anyone has had success using it. My recent build with gas Port fully open does not lock back on empty Mag, brass ejects lazily  at 5 o'clock. Installed another companies LW BCG brass ejects hard and goes forward 1 to 2 o'clock. Using JP SCS and wolf gold ammunition. Both of these lock back on empty mag using same mag

Edited by guidedmiscle
Forgot to add additional information

I have several 2a adjustable bolt carriers both steel and TI. I would say if another bcg is working and your sure gasblock alignment is gtg, which I assume it is based on your test. I would tripple check you have it wide open which is the notch straight up, it's very sensitive. If still no go call 2A they should be able to help.

2a sent shipping label oh, they should receive Monday afternoon. Initially adjusted to get lock back on empty mag. It never happened. After adjusting to maximum ejection performance that could get I looked at the lines on the valve oh, they were at 12 clock. Readjusted to 6 no ejection once I got to 10 I started getting ejection. When I got a little past 12 I lost ejection. Looking at one of their videos with the gas key off looks simple. Wondering if gas fort is smaller then normal.

I do think these flow less gas than my unregulated lightened carriers like a jp, in 223 I have still always had enough gas to run even my lightest bay burner loads around 2600 so never considered it a problem. That said some stacking is possible here if you port is a little small, spring is a little stiff, gas block a little off, ammo a little weak etc. I think 2A probably has a solution. Let us know what happens because I have a baller all titanium 2A 308 regulated carrier, it's an amazing piece if machining but that rifle is giving me a bit of under gassed issue, it could be something else in the system just not sure yet, haven't tried another carrier to compare.