Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Recommendation for slide milling

gunner01

Thanks for all the responses so far.   I think I am going to go with CZC plate system.  Now I just need to decide if I want to do one of my Shadows or my Shadow 2.   If I do the Shadow 2 it would have to have some lightening so I can shoot IDPA CO as well.

8 hours ago, gunner01 said:

Thanks for all the responses so far.   I think I am going to go with CZC plate system.  Now I just need to decide if I want to do one of my Shadows or my Shadow 2.   If I do the Shadow 2 it would have to have some lightening so I can shoot IDPA CO as well.

I cant speak for IDPA CO, but my S2 with CZC RDS cut and a DPP, to make USPSA CO weight I changed the guide rod to a poly rod, and put on the LW LOK palm swell grips.  I have since switched to an SRO, and it is .3 gr lighter.  The big benefit of the CZC RDS system is obviously to give the owner the flexibility to use different optics.  Also, the way they cut the slide for the plate, it is  a press in fit - sideways like a sight - as there are lips milled front (and rear I think) that secures the plate.  The extractor pin also goes through the plate.  And it has two #6 (IIRC) screws locktighted down to secure the plate.  The plate is not going to get loose.  Period.