Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Magazine Capacity

p3ordie

Okay.  :D

You have convinced me of the error of my ways.  I'll start using them forthwith with my soon to run L/L-10 G22.

Vince,

If your 22 runs with ten rounders, Great. I have seen several that didn't run well with ten rounders ---- everything from monster force required to seat reloads to the slide shortstroking on weakhand strings......

Who the hell wants to use let alone buy 10rd mags now that the Crime Bill is history. :D Unless you live where you still can't have  standard cap mags.

Um.. I do.. (raises hand)

But I um, bought these back in 98... so.. it was in the middle of it?

:)

Vince

Sargenv ,Pardon me I did not mean to state my opinion so strongly.The Crime Bill was a very sore issue for me.I see no reason why USPSA and IDPA both can not allow the use of standard cap mags in the states that they are legal.

I see no reason why USPSA and IDPA both can not allow the use of standard cap mags in the states that they are legal.

What about for people who live in a state where they are not legal, but want to shoot in a match where they are? They would be at a disadvantage.

I see no reason why USPSA and IDPA both can not allow the use of standard cap mags in the states that they are legal.

What about for people who live in a state where they are not legal, but want to shoot in a match where they are? They would be at a disadvantage.

Since 10 rounds is the limit in production what difference? You run your 10 round mags and use a barney bullet or a stoker mag. I know of one very good Production shooter that only uses 10 round mags, he feels they are superior to the standard capacity mags. Go Figure.

Jim

Perhaps the term standard capacity was misunderstood.10rd mags are just that,Standard cap mags are what most people call hi-caps. .I refuse to use the term "hi-cap" because it was coined to by the anti-gun politicos who were behind the Crime Bill.And yes,Why not allow Standard cap mags in the states and or Areas (Area 6 for example) where they are legal?.But that is just my opinion and like noses everybody has one.BTW I have e-mailed both the USPSA President and the Area 6 Director my thoughts on the rule .I ask anyone who has an opinion one way or another on the rule to do the same.To be honest I really don't have a dog in the hunt this coming year as I plan on shooting Single Stack . I just don't like being told to do something when there is no law or reason why you have to do it a certain way anymore. Guess I have always had a problem with authority :D

Why not allow Standard cap mags in the states and or Areas (Area 6 for example) where they are legal?

Are you talking about allowing people in production to load their mags to their full capacity? If so, the question still remains, "How is that fair to people who want to travel to shoot Area 6 (for example) but live in a state where they can't own standard (hi-cap) magazines?"

... if you live in a state where standard capacity mags are illegal, $40-80 should get you enough standard capacity mags to be competetive in any match where standard capacilty mags would be allowed...

... and, you could pin them at 10 rounds (ala the Canadians) and take them home with you. Just drill the rivet out when you are in a state where standard capacity mags are not evil.

Appropos of nothing, now that I'm shooting a G35 in L10, one of the things I really like is loading with the high-cap mag holding 11.

This way, I go to the starting line with 4 x 10 round mags in my belt, and the 15-round mag in my pocket, or hand, which, at LAMR, I use -- done.

No shuffling mags around in the belt, no feeder mag, no Barney bullet to mess with....It's more convenient than I would have supposed.