Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Rifles & John Gangl

George

I just purchased a complete new JP Low Mass Operating System (carrier, bolt and buffer/spring) to replace the original stuff in my CTR-02. The upper was approaching 10k and I figured it was time to replace all the reciprocating guts. John Paul had told me at the 2004 RM3G that I should probably replace the bolt carrier pretty soon because he never expected the alloy carriers to run much beyond 4k rounds. Mine had a bit over 7k on it at that time :-0

I called him up the other day and when he heard that mine had over 9k on it and it was still running cool he was even more suprised than he was at 7k a year earlier. He asked me to send the old carrier back to him because he had never seen one that had lasted that long! I said no problem. I guess he is going to put it on tour or something ;-)

Next day the new system arrived and not only did he pre-credit me a core charge for the carrier I was returning (I did not expect that), but there was a beautiful new JP shooting hat and collared shooting shirt in a color I like (green).

Wow, what a class act was all I could say to myself as I started unwrapping the parts. Then I saw the beautiful packaging and quality of the parts themselves, Yowza! To say I was blown away by how nice everything looked and how fine it is to handle parts made to such high standards would be a gross understatement.

It is not only great doing business with John Paul, but is pure pleasure getting stuff of this quality for your money nowadays.

Suffice to say I can hardly wait to get it to the range and break it in right properly.

BTW, the new alloy carriers have a black finish and look way cool like that. I love my JP Black Rifle even more now :-)

--

Regards,

I can't say I know him real well, but I was squaded with him and some other nice folks at my first and only trip (so far) to the Nationals in 2004. John is a great guy and a heck of a shooter. His run in the Dark House had me thinking the timer was broken (it wasn't, BTW). His friends John and Nancy Huspek and Don Bednoez (sp?) were there, too. Good folks, one and all!

...Mark