Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.5" hydraulic buffer recoil (video)

5.5" barrel, QC10 bolt(weight removed), JP 308 Carbine spring, BK hydraulic buffer, bolt/buffer mass is ~17.7 oz.  Load is 3.0gr TG under 147gr Xtreme(I plan on running 4.3gr TG under 115gr).   I wish I would have done a vid without the suppressor.  Do  you think the suppressor helps or hurts recoil impulse on a std AR 9mm?

Based on what you see in the video, do you have any recommendations for me?  Change in technique, stance, install bolt weight, load, etc?

Edited by Ryan N

Install bolt weight try to get 24-26oz total weight 

dont stand so bladed to the target square your shoulders to the target.. use your body mass more efficiently ie put more shoulder into the gun, while pulling back with support hand 

get away from tg anything in pcc... I prefer a medium burn rate powder and 115gn. 

15 minutes ago, Bwillis said:

Install bolt weight try to get 24-26oz total weight 

dont stand so bladed to the target square your shoulders to the target.. use your body mass more efficiently ie put more shoulder into the gun, while pulling back with support hand 

get away from tg anything in pcc... I prefer a medium burn rate powder and 115gn. 

Thanks for the input.  I was mistaking about bolt/buffer weight.  It's currently 17.7oz for buffer and bolt(weight removed).  Adding the weight will take it to 21oz.  

Powders on hand are 231, WSF, HP-38, Clays and of course TG.

I now use WSF with a 124 bullet. I did use 231/hp38 but changed. No real definite reason why though. Someone somewhere said something about slower powders being better.

I never used TG because I didn't like its low margin for error in loading.