Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ta-11 Objective Lense Cap

davidwiz

This is an objective lense cover/cap for the Trijicon ACOG TA-11 3.5x35. It's purpose is to turn the scope into an occluded sight, like the Trijicon Armson OEG. Previously, to get this effect, people were duct-taping a Butler Creek scope cap to the objective lense - this really didn't work for me, as it necessitated having double-sided duct tape, which I found difficult to find, plus the tape was always falling off.

Anywho, Tewlman's company, Progressive Machine & Tool, L.L.C. makes the aforementioned lense cover. It consists of the scope cap, which is spring loaded. The cap is secured to a piece of aluminum. The assembly snaps into the front of the scope. A set screw at the bottom secures the assembly to the scope body. For added stability, a metal rod (which comes with it) which is the length of the scope can be screwed into to the assembly and passes through a channel at the bottom of the scope (above where the scope mount screws into the body of the scope). Once everything is screwed together, it is rock-solid. It's a little pricey, but it is well engineered.

The forum won't let me post the pictures, but they are available here.

Edited by davidwiz

2 questions

1. How much?

2. Does flipping the front cap down make the scope "normal" for long range stuff, or does it have to be removed entirely?

$80.

The cap flips up and down, as shown in the pictures. In the 'down' position, the scope is used normally.

I run an ACOG and prefer handguard mounted secondary close range sights for several reasons:

1 - Less POI/POA offset on close stuff than any rail mounted optic

2 - No googaws to phart with, just cant and shoot, cant and shoot

3 - Nothing to adapt to, just shoot with both eyes open and rock the house with the better visibility inherent in no eyeball occlusion

--

Regards,