Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Audio Cd On A Dvd Disc?

harley45

I have quite a few mp3 files on my computer that I have burned to audio CD with roxio buit I was wondering today can I burn audio tracks that will play in my car C.D. player on a dvd disc and take advantage of the greater size? If I can do this I'll cut the # of CDs in my car dramatically

Thanks Eric

Nope. But if you were to get one of the newer CD players that reads MP3 format CD discs, you can burn them in that format and get 150+ songs per disc. MP3 discs are basically a data disc with the MP3 files on it and newer players will play them just as though they are regular CD's.

--

Regards,

That an interesting question. I have never tried it. I don't have a DVD player with that feature set so I can't easily test it. It ought to, but I don't know for sure?.

I am sure that a DVD with MP3's on it will not work in a CD only player that plays MP3 discs.

--

Regards,

George I read your first post early this A.M. and went out and bopught a new unit for my car that plays mp3s I was just curious about using dvd discs because i have thiose at home and no regular c.d.s plus I figure it would only take two dvd discs to hold my full collection. Oh well I'll have to go back tomorrow.

Eric

I've just spent the last 5 days trying to figure out why my new "DVD" burner won't work. Well.......After 5 days banging the keyboard on my head, I looked on the box and what I actually bought was a CD burner. All I can do is laugh about it. :)

I also tried to burn audio on DVD discs and it did not work.

P40. the issue here is that audio cd's and MP3 cd's are not the same and trying to make an audio cd with DVD media is impossible.

But if you use/treat the DVD media as a data disc, you can put MP3 files on it just like you do with an MP3 CD. The DVD with MP3's on it might just work in a DVD player that supports MP3 CD's, but as I mentioned earlier, I don't have an MP3 CD capable DVD player to test this on. I do think it is possible that it will work as the data storage formats are identical in this case.

--

Regards,