Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Hammer contacting frame

jrbet83

So my CZC hammer is contacting my frame under recoil, which means (I assume) the slide is producing enough reward velocity that it’s “throwing” the hammer that extra roughly .040” to contact the frame. I’m running Atlanta Arms 147gr Elite (133pf in my G34), an 11lb CZC recoils spring and 12lb CZC hammer spring. I know these are lighter springs but nothing out of the normal for what a lot of guys are running. Any ideas, worries? I can relieve the material on the frame, so the hammer doesn’t contact anymore, but hammer would still be coming off the back/bottom of the slide. 

73543B46-1351-4C33-9873-D49E44E786ED.jpeg

12ADA5BC-E08C-4032-AE29-FE3B2483185F.jpeg

All my CZ’s have these marks as well, it’s the design of the pistol. I wouldn’t relieve the material on the frame, no reason to try and “fix” a problem that doesn’t exist.

Edited by mveto

This mark is present on most of the hammers in my CZs. It dose not appear to be specific to comp hammers. It is present on some of my factory stock CZs as well as some of my tuned CZs with CGW hammers and CZC hammers installed. As has been stated i do not believe that it is anything to be concerned with.