Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Pro -metal frame.

sfotex

After fighting with it for 30 min I got it to rack but it wasn't going into battery. More fighting and it got a bit better so I went out back to my range and fired a few rounds. Is running better but the magazine still hard to get out of the pistol. 
Here is a quick videos

Nice seeing you ringing that steel! Hope it wears down to niceness for you. Have you let the cerakote guy know?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 200 rounds today, also got some sandpaper and smooth and polished some internal parts. The slide is running better now. The magazine is what's getting to me, I didn't have that problem before. I didn't talk to the gunsmith because he wasn't there when I picked the gun, the gun had a note in the box mentioning it was tight but even the guy behind the counter couldn't rack the slide. 

I will shoot it more tomorrow and see how it goes!

How goes it? Did you get it smoothed out?

Installed the Dawson sights, they look great. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll see if I can't get it zeroed at the next range trip. Thinking about 25 yards zero for HD/SD/Woods since 10mm trajectory tends to be flat. What say y'all?

17 hours ago, PogoJack said:

How goes it? Did you get it smoothed out?

Installed the Dawson sights, they look great. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll see if I can't get it zeroed at the next range trip. Thinking about 25 yards zero for HD/SD/Woods since 10mm trajectory tends to be flat. What say y'all?

I took the gun completely apart and sanded some areas and took the time to polished the internals. The slide cycles smooth now and magazine is dropping freely most of the times, still need some work. Fired 200 rounds and had 1 failure to feed with PPU 170g fmj. That's where I am standing right now. Still looking for grips for it but no luck yet. No one have them.

I did some shooting Sunday with Underwood 10mm ammo at 10 yards.  Clockwise from upper left, 20 rds each:

Upper Left:  200gr XTPs at 1250fps

Upper Right:  165gr XTPs at 1400fps

Lower Right:  155gr XTPs at 1500fps

Lower Left:  180gr FMJ at 1250fps

middle is just me farting around with a USP 40 using 155gr Federal JHPs

This pistol REALLY likes the 200gr XTP, which is good because that's my carry ammo.

IMG_0737.jpeg

Edited by spartacus2002

Glad to see it's getting worked out.

I had a couple of FTF with the PPU I used. I heard that's a thing with Tanfos. In my case, the rounds were nose down, butt up in the feed ramp.

I keep asking LOK about availability of large frame long witness grips,

They said no ETA but they do plan to add them.

Henning has some available in non-black right now.

https://www.henningshop.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1284113&CAT=9249

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, PogoJack said:

I got the thin G10 bogies in black with gray liners. Hoping that large/long is the right size for this pistol. What did you get?

I ordered the Standards with the Aequitas Veritas cross yestarday but today they contacted me and told me they couldn't make it. So I cancelled the ordered. I am looking at their other grips but it looks like my only choice is the palm swell. I don't like how the thin grip fits my hand. So I am not sure what I am going to do yet.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:31 PM, PogoJack said:

I got the thin G10 bogies in black with gray liners. Hoping that large/long is the right size for this pistol. What did you get?

Ordered the exact same grips will be here the 23rd I will report back.

Ordered the exact same grips will be here the 23rd I will report back.

Please do! I'm getting mine on a few days as well and will report in.

I ordered today the palm swell bogies in solid black. 

So are these grips thicker than the wooden ones? I've heard great things about LOK from CZ75 owners, I'm really excited about getting them now! Please let us know how they fit! Did you get the Aequitas/Veritas inscription?  

2 hours ago, PogoJack said:

Please do! I'm getting mine on a few days as well and will report in.

So are these grips thicker than the wooden ones? I've heard great things about LOK from CZ75 owners, I'm really excited about getting them now! Please let us know how they fit! Did you get the Aequitas/Veritas inscription?  

Yes they are thicker than the wood ones. The standard are the same size as the wood grips and the thin are thinner than the wood grips. I wanted the standards but are not available and the thin are to small for my hands. I hope the palm swells are not to big.

Just got and installed the LOK thin bogie grips. They are incredible!! They make my gun feel like my CZs and they look great. Wow! There is a lottle gap where the web of the thumb would go, but it works.

I've asked LOK how many foot pounds I should apply to the screws. I'm a bit OCD about it.