Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Pro -metal frame.

sfotex

The Gray/Black Bogies fit PERFECT and it really helped my smaller hands grip the pistol perfectly.  I agree PogoJack these are really nice grips completely changed the gun.  Think I will be selling a CZ97B or it will wind up a safe queen I have another Shield .45 I carry.  As soon as the slide gets back from J&L we are going pig poking.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gray/Black Bogies fit PERFECT and it really helped my smaller hands grip the pistol perfectly.  I agree PogoJack these are really nice grips completely changed the gun.  Think I will be selling a CZ97B or it will wind up a safe queen I have another Shield .45 I carry.  As soon as the slide gets back from J&L we are going pig poking.
Glad the grips are working out for you too. I'm contemplating getting the whole thing cerakoted or NP3 coated niw.

What loads are you using for the hogs? I have been carrying this one on my semi-monthly Texas trips and hogs are a concern.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’m planning to pick one up next month mostly to carry hog hunting. It’ll be my 1st CZ pattern handgun and 1st 10mm. I will order the guide rod and 20# spring. I don’t mean to high Jack but is there anything I should know about them and what are some good holster options 

I’m planning to pick one up next month mostly to carry hog hunting. It’ll be my 1st CZ pattern handgun and 1st 10mm. I will order the guide rod and 20# spring. I don’t mean to high Jack but is there anything I should know about them and what are some good holster options 

I've had nothing but good experiences with mine and am at the point where I trust my setup. I polished the rail but not the internals yet. YMMV.

With regards to holsters there doesn't seem to be a lot of specific options that I know of but I found this holster I had laying around for my Government 1911 worked great for my Witness Pro Steel:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S32BIGW

They come stiff but you can work in some mink oil or neatsfoot oil and it'll soften a bit.

54 minutes ago, PogoJack said:

I've had nothing but good experiences with mine and am at the point where I trust my setup. I polished the rail but not the internals yet. YMMV.

With regards to holsters there doesn't seem to be a lot of specific options that I know of but I found this holster I had laying around for my Government 1911 worked great for my Witness Pro Steel:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S32BIGW

They come stiff but you can work in some mink oil or neatsfoot oil and it'll soften a bit.

Maybe my Miami Vice holster will work then. I’m hoping I love this gun. I love my beretta so  I have high hopes for this. Has EAA customer service improved or is it still a nightmare?

Maybe my Miami Vice holster will work then. I’m hoping I love this gun. I love my beretta so  I have high hopes for this. Has EAA customer service improved or is it still a nightmare?
It's been said that a Tanfo in 10mm is the closest production gun to the Bren Ten. That would be cool if it fit, though I don't know how the massive weight plays with the adjustment.

Thankfully I've never had to use EAA. I bought mine from Bud's and would use their warranty. If you buy from Gallery of Guns you'd get the Davidson warranty.

Be careful of the mods as they might void the warranty.

One other thing, I replaced the black front sight with a Dawson Precision fiber optic sight purchased from Patriot Defense- great outfit.

47 minutes ago, PogoJack said:

It's been said that a Tanfo in 10mm is the closest production gun to the Bren Ten. That would be cool if it fit, though I don't know how the massive weight plays with the adjustment.

Thankfully I've never had to use EAA. I bought mine from Bud's and would use their warranty. If you buy from Gallery of Guns you'd get the Davidson warranty.

Be careful of the mods as they might void the warranty.

One other thing, I replaced the black front sight with a Dawson Precision fiber optic sight purchased from Patriot Defense- great outfit.

I’m going to grab one from sportsman’s guide. The weight might make the holster feel off but the only other good 10mm option I can find is a Glock and I absolutely hate my Glock 21🤮🤣.

I will check that fiber optic sight out. Is there a specific one that works well I have read that they shoot low? I’m only an hour from patriot defense so they will be my go to as I like to support local ish businesses 

Edited by Tim300wsm

I’m going to grab one from sportsman’s guide. The weight might make the holster feel off but the only other good 10mm option I can find is a Glock and I absolutely hate my Glock 21[emoji2961][emoji1787].
I will check that fiber optic sight out. Is there a specific one that works well I have read that they shoot low? I’m only an hour from patriot defense so they will be my go to as I like to support local ish businesses 
This advice worked for me and the SD distances (~25 yds) I need.

Hunting might be different.

I used the Dawson .165 x .090 front sight but I had to raised the rear all the way up to get it to zero. I think the .140 would work better.

Edit: In fact, the rail is a Glock style rail and the light snaps on with the Glock rail insert

Question for those who own this pistol: What kind of light can you mount to it?

I have an Olight Pl-mini 2 valkyrie with the 1913 insert and it does not fit as the rail channel is too narrow. It looks like its a Weaver rail, does this seem right?

2Xdws66_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

On 12/31/2019 at 9:35 PM, PogoJack said:

Glad the grips are working out for you too. I'm contemplating getting the whole thing cerakoted or NP3 coated niw.

What loads are you using for the hogs? I have been carrying this one on my semi-monthly Texas trips and hogs are a concern.

Right now I have some Buffalo Bore 200gr. hardcast.  When slide gets back I am going to try 180gr. XTP and 200gr.  XTP over Blue Dot.  Whichever the gun likes the best is the one I will use.  Either one will do the job.  Saw a video where a 180 XTP went right through a medium size pig.

On 1/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, PogoJack said:

Edit: In fact, the rail is a Glock style rail and the light snaps on with the Glock rail insert

Question for those who own this pistol: What kind of light can you mount to it?

I have an Olight Pl-mini 2 valkyrie with the 1913 insert and it does not fit as the rail channel is too narrow. It looks like its a Weaver rail, does this seem right?

2Xdws66_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

That insert is what fit my Streamlight TL-1 also.

The Glock insert worked on my Streamlight TLR-1 as well.

Edited by Popeye212

I like it!  This pic is confusing I was sighting in at 25yds. and testing a handload.  The handloads were shot before moved zero.  The handloads are looking very promising.  I will nail em down in about a week or 2  I need to get some 180's and 200's in. I don't think I could not have shot these groups with iron sights.  Also notice the fastfire is a blob with the gun up close (my bad vision).  But the brightness adjustment  brings it back in focus and in when I move the gun out to shooting position it becomes a dot again.  When looking at the target.  These bullets are the free ones I got from buying Hornady dies.  They were 5 shot groups on the handloads.

Fastfirefirsttarget (2).jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anybody have experience with the 9mm version?? Wondering how it stacks up to a stock 3 or defiant stock master?? What is the big reason for price difference? Also can it be upgraded like the stock pistols with extreme parts ?? Thanks for any info!