Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Pro -metal frame.

sfotex

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOK says they will have large thin bogie grips available in a month or so for witness steel, which I think might be the same size as this witness PRO. The initial review I saw at Bud's stated it wasn't too customizable. Besides guide rod, spring and sights, what other mods are worth considering?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have seen it and commented my experience on mine!

I see it! He seems to have had a FTF with PPU 180 gr. I have some PPU 170 gr. I'll let y'all know how that works out. I got the Hennings guide rod and 20# spring and extra power firing pin spring in it right now. I'll try to carry and see if I get rust too.

I fired 5 boxes of PPU 170 grains and had no issues. I also fired 2 boxes of PPU 180 grains HP and ran flawless too. Now with the Underwood 165 grains Gold dot HP you feel the difference [emoji38]
I can't wait to have it back from cerakote. It is taking to long [emoji34]
The guy in the video mentioned with the 180gr it was shooting low and in Spartacus post it looks low as well. Did you find any diff between the 180 and 170gr?

12 hours ago, PogoJack said:

The guy in the video mentioned with the 180gr it was shooting low and in Spartacus post it looks low as well. Did you find any diff between the 180 and 170gr?

Mine was shooting low as well I swapped the front sight with a .165 x .090 fiber optic sight and adjusted the rear sight until zeroing the gun at 25 yrds. Now is dead on.

Edited by Katanapr3

On 9/23/2019 at 12:55 PM, PogoJack said:

Thanks for this comment and your previous recommendation on the Hennings guide rod and spring. I'll report back when I return from the range.

The slide has some punch mark on the rear right side. It's been discussed before in this and other forums. Looks like a rust spot but in fact is the obliteration of another punch mark. Until now it's a mystery.

[mention=72923]Katanapr3[/mention] , would you please show us how it looks after cerakote? Inquiring minds want to know. default_smile.png

Thanks everyone!

PS. Here's the punch mark.

h41AYhz.jpg

That's a proof mark.  On some of my Tanfoglios it is a little bit more legible and easier to see that it matches the proof mark on the barrel.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:54 PM, Katanapr3 said:

My gun will be ready for pick up on Tuesday. Can't wait to see the results of the cerakote!

That's awesome! If you can, please post pics when completed.

Question about the Dawson front sights, which ones did you use?

Put 140 rounds through mine today. I had 4 FTF with PPU PPH10F FPJ  10mm with the flat nose. 40 rounds of gummy tip 10mm Critical Duty by Hornady 175 gr went through without a hitch.  It was shooting low at 20 yards but groups were tight!

Shot it with a Hennings brass shock buffer washer in . It has a couple of notches cut out from today's exertions. Not sure if the FTF might have been caused by it. Hennings says the shock buffer can make the gun less reliable.

Great shooter. Just need it for Bears, Mountain Lions and miscreants when hiking and it definitely fits the bill nicely for its intended purpose.

LOK says they will be possibly doing Large Frame, Long grip Witness bogie grips in G10 this month. Let's hope they do, and let them know you would like this.

Cheers and blessings to all.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:32 PM, FALAR said:

That's a proof mark.  On some of my Tanfoglios it is a little bit more legible and easier to see that it matches the proof mark on the barrel.

Thank you! It does indeed match a similar mark on the barrel. Mystery solved. Huzzah!

2 hours ago, PogoJack said:

That's awesome! If you can, please post pics when completed.

Question about the Dawson front sights, which ones did you use?

Put 140 rounds through mine today. I had 4 FTF with PPU PPH10F FPJ  10mm with the flat nose. 40 rounds of gummy tip 10mm Critical Duty by Hornady 175 gr went through without a hitch.  It was shooting low at 20 yards but groups were tight!

Shot it with a Hennings brass shock buffer washer in . It has a couple of notches cut out from today's exertions. Not sure if the FTF might have been caused by it. Hennings says the shock buffer can make the gun less reliable.

Great shooter. Just need it for Bears, Mountain Lions and miscreants when hiking and it definitely fits the bill nicely for its intended purpose.

LOK says they will be possibly doing Large Frame, Long grip Witness bogie grips in G10 this month. Let's hope they do, and let them know you would like this.

Cheers and blessings to all.

I used the Dawson .165 x .090 front sight but I had to raised the rear all the way up to get it to zero. I think the .140 would work better.

I used the Dawson .165 x .090 front sight but I had to raised the rear all the way up to get it to zero. I think the .140 would work better.

Thank you for the information! I've ordered the .140T X .090W (019-451) sight from Patriot Defense. Hopefully this one works and I'll report ther findings here.

https://patriotdefense.com/dawson-eaa-witness-front-sight-match-option/

Not good news! I just picked up the gun from cerakote and is not looking good.

the cerakote on the frame is so thick the slide is almost impossible to rack, there are runs on some areas. The magazine went it and now it won't come out. The markings on the frame are gone except the serial number.

I hope I have some 10mm ammo around to fire a few rounds to see if is going to run.

After fighting with it for 30 min I got it to rack but it wasn't going into battery. More fighting and it got a bit better so I went out back to my range and fired a few rounds. Is running better but the magazine still hard to get out of the pistol. 

Here is a quick videos