Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missouri Fall Classic

hopalong

Hop, I've never been one to practice much, I just try to shoot a lot of matches. Plus I'm a compulsory workaholic (not by choice), and it's often dark by the time I get home from the office.

But on the occasion when I do have the chance to practice, be assured it does NOT make a clicking sound! I live out in the country, and my nearest neighbor is half a mile down the road, so it's live-fire all the way. (Actually, I'm not a big believer that extensive dry-firing is all that helpful anyway....)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Didn't get a chance to look in yesterday, but I see that the "boat is'a rock'in some"

Ken, thanks for jump'in in.

Mike, my app went out early Aug, the checks been cashed so im good to go.

Keith, I guess we'll see you in Florida in Feb. And yes, this is the match Lee was buggin you about a while ago. We've been PM'ing and I'd mentioned to him about you guys trying to make it.

HOP, well, whats left to say.

Your right !!!!  You sure can stir things up. Good job!!

Cliff..............??

DAMN  :(  :(  I GOTTA START PRACTICE'IN  :o  :o

Practice? Isn't that something Lawyers and Doctors do? "Please turn your head and cough..." :wacko:

Alright, Bubber's sending his app in Monday.

Now it's starting to look like the match to make this Fall. Hop, it would be a shame, A SHAME, if you didn't make it now!

So how do we swing a Revolver Super Squad with the match organizers? I really want to see you talented guys shoot! I also learned at Nationals just how much fun a wheel squad can be.

I'm getting excited. :D

Super Squad???

Just make sure you put down squad with other Revos....They have time to squad them up together.

Underlug, come join the fun !!!!!

AND

All else who are willing to have the best time they have had shooting a wheel gun.

I myself shot my NEW Benny Hill Limited gun today at the Memphis match.....

MAN Benny builds a NICE Blaster.

So If I shoot the MO match I will need to relearn how to shoot one of them Wheel gun thingy a ma jigs !!! :):P:D:lol::huh:

So where does the 18 round mag fit in it ?????? :o

HOP/SAM

You NEED to shoot with Roger Davis if you can swing it.  You will have more fun than should be legal.

Underlug, Dem revenuers is after me, Who knew you can't distill your own whiskey, I gots to keep a low profile. I am going jes so the other revo guys got someone to whup up on.

YES, IF I had a good Digiatal camera I would show this beauty off !!!!!!

I can't seem to get away from bang N clang..... they had it set up for the classifier.

I think maybe I can still shoot one of these things......

2.57 all steel, A/C on the paper.

Still the 2.60 with 2 As is a better hit factor so my Revo score is still better. ;)

Now lets see if anyone else wants to shoot a wheel gun in Missouri ????

(How's that for getting it back on topic?)

HOP

Edit to add:

Scores came up.... Ole Hopalong ended up High Limited overall !!! :D

Not too bad for not shooting 100 rounds through one of these in 2 years. ;)

even if I have to say so myself.

Edited by hopalong

I think I'll see if we can't get Airedale and his pretty Daughter and maybe even Jawor out.....

Dave, bring your pretty Daughter, you know the one that shoots that 586 ;)

And drag Zookeeper with you....

It is a one day match, unless you want to stay for the man on man shoot offs on Sunday......(the prize table will be after that by the way)

Did I mention that there will be Free BEER

OOPs forgot...... Can't say that too loud or Cliff may show up and drink it all before any one else can get any !!!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

If it is any thing like last year, it will be as fun as the TN section was to shoot.

It is a Saturday only shoot. You can get your neighbors kid to feed, water the Airedales on Saturday morning, make the match and be home Sat night....unless you want to get your share of the beer.

Hop

NO Reply from DaBlaster (Manny Bragg) and Airedale, MRS. Airedale, and Zookeeper...... <_<

You guys get after them, let them have it.....PEER PRESSURE out the A@# !!!! :D

C'mon we know Manny will be there anyway, ya'll just talk him into using a Wheelie instead of the Blaster!!!!

And for the Airedales and Zookeeper...........They need a good vacation for a weekend in the OZARKS in the fall !!!!! ;)

HOP

Well heard back from Airedale and DaBlaster........

Airedale has decided he would rather shoot Ringnecked Chickens than shoot paper and steel targets with us. <_< Can't say I blame him though, only so much alotted time for Ringneck Chicken season.

DaBlaster said If it wasn't for the Kansas match on Friday he would shoot his 610 but sinch he was shooting LTD in Kansas (I think that is where he said) and then Missouri the next day he will stick with one gun.

Lefty45 could grace the place with his presence !!!!!! :P

Zookeeper has no excuse, He doesn't need Airedale to hold his hand anymore !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Ya'll need to give Dan and Mike a good run for the money.

HOP

Well it looks like a trip to Missouri is in the works!!!! :)

BUT...... <_<<_<<_<

Since no one wants to come down to Mississippi and shoot wheel guns with me, and I have this NICE new SHINY STI begging to be shot......(can we say contengency awards??????) ;)

So let's hear it, who is going to be at Missouri?.......needs to be 15 or more or the wheel stays in Tennessee!!!!! :blink:

You have 2 weeks.....

HOP

I'm in. Bubber an I are car-pooling. A 3rd from our neck of the woods said he would get his app in and come along with us.

There needs to be at least 20 wheel guns or I'm shooting the match in my pink TuTu and matching toe shoes. My tiara is supposed to be back from the shop by then anyway and I'll be wanting to see if the upgrades are working.

:blink:

I'm in. Bubber an I are car-pooling. A 3rd from our neck of the woods said he would get his app in and come along with us.

There needs to be at least 20 wheel guns or I'm shooting the match in my pink TuTu and matching toe shoes. My tiara is supposed to be back from the shop by then anyway and I'll be wanting to see if the upgrades are working.

:blink:

I'm in also, app is in the mail first thing in the morning. 19 revo shooters would be just fine, I want to take pictures of Walter in his pretty little get up, for all the rednecks back home!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be great. Damn, I almost forgot , young Sam is in my class, or did he get his B card yet (please Lord) Open? maybe , Nah

Ma' Bullets are shipping tomorrow......................................!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Need i say more to YA'ALL !!!!!! :wacko::P

Why the hell am i starting to sound like Hop all of a sudden ???

Mike, You gotta quit with the HillBilly "lingo". Its rubb'n off. :lol::lol:

Edited by D.carden

Hey Gil,

Young Sam is getting faster with every match.....not only is he now shooting the old 25-2 (and benefitting from major p.f. scoring), Santa Revolver Claus came early this year and brought him a brand new CR Speed holster!!

Better watch out....better not cry....better not pout..... ;)

Mike

P.S. Click below for a candid photo of Santa.....

Santa Revolver Claus

Edited by Carmoney

• 2 weeks later...

Alllllllllrighty then. I'm packing my bags tonight. Did anyone manage to make contact with the match officials about squadding? I was kinda hoping to have a revolver supersquad going. I can send a request if it already hasn't been done, or we could each send an email to one of the guys in the message below: (just in case you didn't get it)

Competitors:

Below message from Larry Fletcher match director.

P. Michael HERMAN

COPS, Secretary

pmherman@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----

To: "Mike Herman" <pmherman@earthlink.net>

Sent: Tuesday, 11 October, 2005 18:35

Subject: fall classic

> Hi Mike

> Can you send this out? We need to have a work night Wednesday. I will

be

> there about 5:30 after work.

> Also send this out to all competitors . The Newburg High School Girls

> Softball team is going to have

> breakfast at around 6:45 to 7:30 Saturday morning at the range and

have

> lunch at noon. This is a fund raiser for the team.

>

> Thanks

> Larry

>

>

I'll certainly make a contribution to the girls if it will grease the skids.

Ken, if you could go ahead and make contact with those guys, that would be great....Sam and I would definitely like to be part of the revolver squad!

(I think maybe Hopalong put in some sort of a squadding request, but not sure what he told them.)

Ken, if you could go ahead and make contact with those guys, that would be great....Sam and I would definitely like to be part of the revolver squad!

(I think maybe Hopalong put in some sort of a squadding request, but not sure what he told them.)

Done. We'll see what comes of it.