Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

610 Trigger

Makicjf

Howdy,

In trying to decide if I want to shoot my 610 or 625 in L6 at the IRC, I decided to smooth up my 610, add The Bang springs, apex pin etc.  When I removed the trigger, the trigger post came out with the assembly.  I thought (wrongly?) this was normal, just a variance in design, as on the 610  the hand spring is pinned, on the 625 it is not.  I polished, changed the rebound spring and put it all back together... the pull would change, be hard to start, then be perfect; sometimes it would firmly engage the single action sear, and other times firm thumb pressure on the hammer would allow the hammer to drop.  I took it apart, cleaned everything, and reassembled for the same result.  After three more attempts ( I'm slow to learn) it dawned on me the trigger might be moving do to the "floating" trigger pin/post.  I took the guts out of the 610 and put them in my 625 and they functioned perfectly.  

I'm pretty sure the trigger pin is supposed to be a post:  did S&W ever make a 610 where the trigger post was a pin that fit into a small hole?

Jason

Edited by Makicjf

I will have to check my 610-3 as I've only had the hammer removed to install a Apex DAO hammer and haven't messed with the trigger .I did have S&W install a new fluted cylinder to replace the huge unfluted cylinder (that it came with from factory) and that improved my trigger pull more than anything I've done besides changing springs.

1 hour ago, Toolguy said:

The hammer and trigger pivot pins on all S&W revos are part of the frame. If not solidly fixed, then they are broken off. Need to send the gun to S&W to get that fixed.

Thanks!  That's what I thought.  I was on hold earlier, but had to go .  I'll call again in a bit.

Thanks Again!

Jason

• 3 weeks later...