Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Trouble World Record?

At our last local steel shoot, our squad's RO said the world record for double touble was held by Brian Enos, and was in the .81 - .84 range. Does that sound right to anyone?

(I do know the Circleville, Ohio record for the Fobus unintentional holster toss goes to the RO in question, who gave us all a good laugh...)

Steve

I don't know if it's a "record" or not, but I remember shooting a .98" in the "Blast for Cash" event at "a" Steel Challenge quite a few years ago. Someone posted on anther thread that they thought it was a .93, but I don't think so...

be

Brian,

Yea, that sounds like my exact statement. The funny thing is, I remember uttering that statement right after the Burner's interview on his strategy. He gave a DETAILED explanation of every technical aspect of what he was going to do. I remember thinking  - man, if I try to do all that I'll probably shoot myself... I felt like I needed to simply it a tad.

Steve,

It was not a part of the actual match. It was a side event, in which you had 5 tries to get a single fastest run. So, it was quite a bit "easier" than doing it in the match.

be

Double trouble is two shots to a Large (18x24 or thereabouts) "body" steel plate, and one shot to a small (12x12 or thereabouts) "head" steel plate at 24 or 30 feet. It's basically 2 to the body, one to the head on steel, fast as possible.