Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistols with Magazines in Front of Trigger

Barcode1337

3 hours ago, shred said:

The fact a brace isn't considered a 'stock' by ATF doesn't mean your local RM won't decide that 'of any kind' language applies to your brace as well, declare it one and there you are in the parking lot with nowhere to shoot

That's why you cover yourself by bringing a spare if you're trying to be a PITA with rules stuff. Though, realistically, if you're pushing this type of thing, you'd probably want to get some sort of ruling from USPSA prior.

3 hours ago, shred said:

The fact a brace isn't considered a 'stock' by ATF doesn't mean your local RM won't decide that 'of any kind' language applies to your brace as well, declare it one and there you are in the parking lot with nowhere to shoot.

They can also arbitrarily declare your rifle holster is unsafe. There are multiple avenues to prevent you from doing this if a match official wants. That's why you make sure they're on board first.

CCI Gold Dot 124 +p makes major in my 10” 9mm AR all day and I have zero problems with it. At one point I thought about using a 9mm AR with this AR holster thing I found. I figured I could use one of the phase 5 s buffer tubes and shoulder it. I emailed Troy and he said even a buffet tube is a “stock” for Uspsa. I thought I could use a two point sling and tension out like the old sas style. But then I figured a real pistol would be easier to maneuver around a stage. 

http://www.militaryassaultgear.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=542

$95 and it’s yours.