Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum member Nordic Rifle champion

Thanks guys!

Kelly, you should really consider taking a trip over here. Last two years Nationals have been very good. This was the fourth time I shoot the rifle nationals. I shoot the first one in 1998 with a borrowed Colt AR-15 that didn’t work. Didn’t shoot in 1999, but came back with working equipment in 2000. The matches previous to 2001 didn’t have as many stages as the latter. Hopefully they will continue to make them as good as the last two years, and would be worth the trip.

I actually decided not to shoot the Nordic Championship a week before the match, because too much was going on and I felt that I didn’t have time to prepare at all. I felt I had to spend the time I had to prepare for WSXIII. I had some problems with my pistol and needed to solve it. But last Thursday I just had to send the pistol to a smith to have him fix it, because I would not have time this previous week since I’ve been away hunting. So when I went to sight in my hunting rifle on Thursday evening I brought along my AR and the ammo I had left over from last year (69 gr. Sierra MK, 25gr N-140) and some LC 81. My problem was that I didn’t have enough of the Sierras and the LC 81 didn’t group well enough past 100 meters. Luckily there was only a vertical spread between them, and I could easily adjust between stages depending on which ammo I needed. 40 rounds of sight-in and I was ready to rock . I’ve shot about 140-150 rounds with my rifle since last years match, you may find it hard to believe, but it’s the truth.

You asked about the match, well the stages were very good. Only details should have been done different, like a couple of fault lines just waiting to give shooters procedurals when shooting prone. The weather was just beautiful both days, sunny and warm (but nothing like AZ ). I started out on stage 12 shooting solid, and just continued doing that. It was a good match for me, I got a procedural on stage 10 (foot fault, poor design), a miss on stage 6 (swinger at 100m) and a slow time on stage 1 because of a very unstable shooting position.

Stages and results can be found here: http://www.triggerfreeze.com

Kelly, maybe I’ll see you over here next year or what?

even

(Edited by Even at 6:36 pm on Aug. 30, 2002)