Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Not Resetting

WingDings

Hi Everyone,

Trying to install a Henning flat trigger on a Tanfoglio Limited Custom but I'm not getting a trigger reset after installation.

Henning's flat trigger system comes with a steel trigger lever, a #17 trigger return spring (H033-17), a #19 lightened trigger plunger spring (H037-19), a pre-travel screw, and an over-travel screw.

I'm sure it's something I've missed / forgotten due to my limited skills...so I just need somebody to walk me through it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Damn. I guess I didn't mess around with it enough. You nailed it. Thanks.

(*buries head in sand)
Glad it worked....just remember to blue lock tight in the set screws and when you get the over travel screw to where you want it back it off another half turn. If the limited is anything like the stock 3 and 2s then they like to move on you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, JayTac556 said:

Glad it worked....just remember to blue lock tight in the set screws and when you get the over travel screw to where you want it back it off another half turn. If the limited is anything like the stock 3 and 2s then they like to move on you.

Thanks. Appreciate it. 

12 hours ago, JayTac556 said:

Good tip. I found out the hard way. I thought my reset was longer than usual, turns out the over travel screw was creeping. Removed it and the pre-travel screws, cleaned out with some rubbing alcohol and blue loctite it back. Hasn't moved yet.

I have found that over time blue locktite will give out.  Solvents and cleaners will degrade the bond over time.  I had that happen at a match where the overtravel screw moved causing me to have several bump fires (this was when I was shooting a CZ TS not a Tanfo).  To check overtravel be sure to check regularly that the hammer hooks to do not engage the sear by pulling the trigger and holding it to the rear and rocking the hammer back in forth.   I personally installed a BOLO in my SAO gun and removed the pre-travel screw and use red locktite for my over travel screw.  You can always remove red locktite by heating the screw with a soldering iron.

I have found that over time blue locktite will give out.  Solvents and cleaners will degrade the bond over time.  I had that happen at a match where the overtravel screw moved causing me to have several bump fires (this was when I was shooting a CZ TS not a Tanfo).  To check overtravel be sure to check regularly that the hammer hooks to do not engage the sear by pulling the trigger and holding it to the rear and rocking the hammer back in forth.   I personally installed a BOLO in my SAO gun and removed the pre-travel screw and use red locktite for my over travel screw.  You can always remove red locktite by heating the screw with a soldering iron.
Great point man. I only assume that the screws all walked in Tanfos. I also removed my over travel in my Stock 3 due to the screw walking. I'm not too familar with the limited SAO Tanfos so I was not going to speak too much but I know at the very least clean it and blue loctite.

When I get my Limited Custom I'll most likely be removing mine anyways and run it. Good looking out though.