Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 92 Elite LTT

shooterDrew

is the Beretta 92 Elite LTT legal for SSP division? I’ve searched around and can’t find an answer if it’s good for SSP or only ESP. I guess my question is about the extended mag release that comes on them. Any knowledge is appreciated! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The extended mag release is a Beretta OEM part

A bigger question is this: is this pistol going to get the shaft like the CZ Accushadow did a few years ago?  The LTT is made by Langdon Tactical and sold by Beretta USA, exactly the same situation that the Accushadow got banned for.

Methinks the Wilson connection will keep the LTT kosher under the table.

Edited by elguapo

The extended mag release is a Beretta OEM part

A bigger question is this: is this pistol going to get the shaft like the CZ Accushadow did a few years ago?  The LTT is made by Langdon Tactical and sold by Beretta USA, exactly the same situation that the Accushadow got banned for.

Methinks the Wilson connection will keep the LTT kosher under the table.

Good point. But I’d have to guess the post manufacture gunsmithing to get that bushing installed was the culprit for the Accushadow.. and from what I can tell the LTT is a mix of diff berettas but all work is complete when it leaves beretta (minus any internal trigger work by EL) so it would be safe in that respect.

Thanks for the response!

If you get one let me know how you like it.  I'm a die hard CZ fan but the LTT has my attention.

I finally bit the bullet. I had one in the “cart” about 50x and never pulled the trigger till a couple days ago when I found them on sale. $859 shipped- thought that was a good deal since they’re 1000 from LTT website. But now I’ll have to add the trigger job in a bag. I’m a CZ guy too, and skeptical that the beretta can be worked as well as the cz, hopefully it surprise me!

Got some rounds thru it. Very few, but enough to get a feel for the gun. The stock trigger is no where near a tuned CZ... not surprising. It’s not too bad tho. I don’t have a gauge but I’d guess it in the 8-9lbs DA /4 SA range? Compared to a stock CZ that’s very solid. Thru a random turn of fate I also got my hands on one that’s been tricked out with the LTT trigger job- and an 11lbs hammer spring. Now that one is pretty impressive. While still not quite as smooth as the tuned CZ, it’s a great trigger and damn close. I really only think the difference would be noticeable when doing the “holy s#!t this trigger is light/smooth/good” slow dryfire routine. Much like the difference between the 8.5 and 11.5 hammer spring I used to run in my CZ accushadow. Sure the 8.5 made for an unbelievably light DA, but there was zero benefit on the timer and added risk of light strikes. I’ve only shot a handful of rounds thru the light LTT, but I purposefully included various types of factory ammo, even with the light hammer spring it did not have any light strikes. I’ll keep an eye on that and as soon as one pops up I’ll bump the hammer spring up a pound. I’ve got a 12lbs Wilson available that notes on the packaging it will reliably set off any domestically produced primers... I doubt I’ll be shooting any Russian stuff so that sounds good to me l, also LTT claims the 13lbs spring will run 100% of primers. So worst case I bump it up a couple and end up in the 6-7lbs DA range.

I guess one thing of note between the beretta and CZ: when the CZ DA gets down in the 6lbs range the SA drops down around 2lbs and the short reset on the SA is great.. I like that. It seems the beretta doesn’t get much below 3lbs if at all and the reset isn’t as short. I’d have to guess due to the FPB? I’m not a gunsmith so I’m just guessing. Either way the trigger trophy goes to the CZ, but not my too much. I’m definitely digging the beretta and gonna give it a run for a while.

I think you reach a point of diminishing returns with triggers and past that point other things matter much more.  How the pistol behaves under recoil and how easy it is to get a repeatable index out of the holster and when regripping after a reload.  Those two things if not done right are big time eaters.

I think you reach a point of diminishing returns with triggers and past that point other things matter much more.  How the pistol behaves under recoil and how easy it is to get a repeatable index out of the holster and when regripping after a reload.  Those two things if not done right are big time eaters.

Totally agree