Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC slide 'slippery'- fixes?

muncie21

I picked up a newer DVC in .40 and immediately noticed that the scalloping at the rear of the slide does not provide as much grip as the slots machined on the Edge slides.  When racking the slide during an unloaded start, I use the overhand technique, however even with this I have to grip the slide much harder and more carefully than I do with my Edge.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any way to fix aside from grip tape or machining the slide?

I picked up a newer DVC in .40 and immediately noticed that the scalloping at the rear of the slide does not provide as much grip as the slots machined on the Edge slides.  When racking the slide during an unloaded start, I use the overhand technique, however even with this I have to grip the slide much harder and more carefully than I do with my Edge.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any way to fix aside from grip tape or machining the slide?

I’d have the slide bead blasted to the surface roughness you desire then have it coated with a PVD coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rack from the front by smacking my palm against the top of the slide. Serrations or not, the pro grip palm has a high enough coefficient of friction to manipulate the slide. I've done this with naked slides, cerakoted slides, and Glocks.

I do shoot 6 inch guns though so maybe that extra inch makes handling it easier...