Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS Pantera Front Sight

allamericanbp

Does anybody know off hand if the STI Dawson front sights will fit the Pantera? Front sight seemed to just break so I am trying to figure out a replacement strategy but want to make sure so I can go ahead and order 2 to keep a spare on hand. I figured it would because it is pretty much an STI clone but was just wondering. Dawson didn't give me a clear answer. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FYI. Replaced the front sight on my Pantera with a Dawson Precision. The stock sight seemed to have just broken in half. The front end snapped off. I have only put a few hundred rounds through the Pantera with the new sight and it broke off again. Is this something that is common on the 2011 platform or what? Pretty frustrating if i have to switch out front sights every few weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 9:32 AM, Nic_USPSA_C said:

SPS Pantera, is this a good gun for the money?

Other than the front sight issue, it has ran awesome! Considering it's an entry level 2011. It's that or drop 3 or 4K on a custom gun. I have done a trigger job (triangle shooting sports), stippling job, wide safety, *thumb rest [generic]* and large mag button. I also added the manny dot which is awesome. If I stick it out in limited, I may eventually add a 9mm version just to have. Put I am debating switching to production next year so i guess well see. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2020 at 12:32 PM, shaheedm said:

@allamericanbp Did your Dawson front sight hold up?

I have now had 3 SPS front sights all snap in the same place. 

Would like to go with a more quality component, but concerned that it might be the slide cut itself causing the problem.

Have you found out what the issue is?

Thanks

Sorry for the long delay. I have been super busy at work with COVID and all this crap going on. To be honest, I had some other issues arise with the Pantera. Not their fault, I was shooting some duty ammunition and the shoe on the barrel ended up cracking and warping the slide. They actually just sent me a new replacement but I haven't shot it yet. It is still new in the box. I am going to use it for a backup Limited gun when I switch back over from Production. I do think that front sights sound like a common issue on the 2011 platform. I wouldn't think too much into it. I would just not shoot hotter ammunition.