Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dryfire Speed Vs. Live Fire Speed

Flyin40

I have read a few comments and talked with a few people that have said that their live fire is faster than their dryfire. I wondering is this the case for most????

My dryfire is much faster, smoother and I'm able to "see" better than when I live fire. I have noticed that the times are now starting to get closer. My live fire is getting closer to my dryfire. I'm not sure if this is a natural progression as I progress. Regardless of the answer I'll continue as I have been and I won't try to

"Force" my live fire to try and match my dryfire. I'll just let it come on its own as I get better and just try to "see".

I'm just wondering because this can be another way for me to evaulate my practice vs. actual shooting and matches.

Flyin40

I have the exact opposite problem; my dryfire times are much better then my live fire or match times. I think that you are on the right track by just trying to relax, be neutral and preform at the best of your current ability.

How are you checking your dry fire times? Shot timer ? If so what kind are you using and how are you making it give you a time.

Thanks in advance :)

I have read a few comments and talked with a few people that have said that their live fire is faster than their dryfire.  I wondering is this the case for most????

My dryfire is much faster, smoother and I'm able to "see" better than when I live fire.  I have noticed that the times are now starting to get closer.  My live fire is getting closer to my dryfire.  I'm not sure if this is a natural progression as I progress.  Regardless of the answer I'll continue as I have been and I won't try to

"Force" my live fire to try and match my dryfire.  I'll just let it come on its own as I get better and just try to "see".

I'm just wondering because this can be another way for me to evaulate my practice vs. actual shooting and matches.

Flyin40

How are you checking your dry fire times? Shot timer ? If so what kind are you using and how are you making it give you a time.

Thanks in advance :)

Use the Par time feature. You practice doing the drill with a par time set. I would suggest Steve Anderson's book. (Refinement and Repetition, Dryfire Drills for Dramatic Improvement)

And check this thread:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...2&hl=refinement