Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Grams Basepad...

Harmon

cracked one today practicing, dropped it out of the gun, it hit the floor, unloaded and theres now a big crack just under the retainer pin from the front left of the magazine all the way to the back of the pin hole...

ive never seen one of these break before, ive seen glock arredondo come completly apart, but never grams.

its kinda an older part, perhaps a flaw, or just due to wear and tear of nearly 3 hours a day worth of dry fire?

ahh what the hell, i guess its the price we pay for progress...

anyone ever counted up how much money they have spent on ammo? its crazy!

I've busted a couple of them over the last 6 years or so ( i have about a dozen)

Beven always stands behind his stuff, even the crap that looks like it's been dropped a thousand times and lasted longer than can be reasonably expected.

James

cracked one today practicing, dropped it out of the gun, it hit the floor, unloaded and theres  now a big crack just under the retainer pin from the front left of the magazine all the way to the back of the pin hole...

ive never seen one of these break before, ive seen glock arredondo come completly apart, but never grams.

its kinda an older part, perhaps a flaw, or just due to wear and tear of nearly 3 hours a day worth of dry fire?

ahh what the hell, i guess its the price we pay for progress...

anyone ever counted up how much money they have spent on ammo? its crazy!

I never wanted to take the chance, thats why I practice with Arrendondo bases which came with my mags when I bought them. I have separate mags that I practice with so I don't worry about them getting messed up.

Flyin40

About half of my Grams basepads have cracks on the side along the retaining pin. I haven't used them much and don't drop them on hard surfaces so I was suprised since everyone talks so highly of them. However so far none of them have completely broken so maybe I'm just worrying over nothing.

Between my 40 and 45 I have broken about a dozen(In 7 years). The biggest thing that Beven says is to make sure and not clean them with any chemical. He has always replaced them no questions. I stopped using them at indoor matches and bought a few dawsons for that. Since then I havent even had a crack in one.

I broke a couple of them from dropping partly loaded magazines on hard surfaces, etc. Beven replaced them no questions asked. The last one I busted had been abused for years. I know Beven would have replaced the pad, but I just ordered a couple of new pads from Chuck at Shooter's Connection. Afterall, fair is fair and it's only right to be repsonsible for items that are consumed through use and abuse. Besides, when you meet a vendor half way they will bend over backwards to help when you are in a crunch.

ill give beven a call.

need to get my big stick tuned anyways...it has the capacity, but its not as reliable as i would like.

i think it cracked at a match when i dropped it completely loaded and it landed on the side of the basepad...then it gave way in practice.

ive got a dawson pad with a sliding door thats a pain in the rear to take off, plus the door will go TWO directions!

:o