Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack holster rules

AF2010

So, im shopping for a single stack holster mount and one manufacturer has told me that the rules were changed this year for single stack and a drop is now allowed.

Just wanted to verify this with you guys before i make this purchase.

I tried searching for this info and didnt come up with anything, so i apologize if its already been discussed here.

thanks

11 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Did you look in the rule book? :roflol:

Appendix D5

image.png.809668e728035b2655d89d5b3da9b143.png

LOL yeaaa that would have been the wise thing to do. I got in a rush due to very low stock on the holster hanger I wanted, and first thing I thought was to ask you guys. Thanks for the info! hanger ordered.

2 minutes ago, RJH said:

Where are you shooting at? you are just down the road from me, or hell, we may have shot together, i am horrible with names haha

Nowhere yet LOL I have yet to shoot a single match but I trained  all year last year with intent to shoot matches at the club in San Angelo this year (closest thing to Sweetwater that I know of)

Im in the process of getting all my gear situated so I can finally have some fun!

Stamford is near Angelo if im correct?

18 minutes ago, davidb72 said:

Boss Hanger from Ben Stoeger Pro Shop is a good choice for a hanger.

I almost ordered that one after reading all the good reviews but was concerned about the lower portion rubbing on pants, which some claim is an issue for them. the hanger from Berger precision was recommended and at $35 bucks shipped I figure its worth a chance!

40 minutes ago, AF2010 said:

Nowhere yet LOL I have yet to shoot a single match but I trained  all year last year with intent to shoot matches at the club in San Angelo this year (closest thing to Sweetwater that I know of)

Im in the process of getting all my gear situated so I can finally have some fun!

Stamford is near Angelo if im correct?

Stamford is north of Abilene, but i actually live in Abilene now.  San Angelo is a fun club to shoot at.  Coleman is probably a touch further for you but a good one as well.  Also Big Country 3 gun is having their first USPSA match the second Saturday of March.  They are located just N of Abilene on east lake road, so you might give them a try too.

Oh man I Would love to attend the match at big country 3 gun... Ill be in FL on vacation that weekend though unfortunately. Im praying its a huge success and the matches continue on because driving to Abilene on a regular basis would be so much more convenient for me.

I really wish the gun club in Sweetwater was interested in USPSA.... We actually have a surprisingly large range with lots of potential and supposedly 260 members but somehow Im always the only guy out there LOL

3 minutes ago, AF2010 said:

Oh man I Would love to attend the match at big country 3 gun... Ill be in FL on vacation that weekend though unfortunately. Im praying its a huge success and the matches continue on because driving to Abilene on a regular basis would be so much more convenient for me.

I really wish the gun club in Sweetwater was interested in USPSA.... We actually have a surprisingly large range with lots of potential and supposedly 260 members but somehow Im always the only guy out there LOL

I used to be a member at that range, and it is pretty nice.  I even shot sillywets out there a time or two, but i have no idea if they still do that or not.

14 minutes ago, RJH said:

I used to be a member at that range, and it is pretty nice.  I even shot sillywets out there a time or two, but i have no idea if they still do that or not.

haha It took me a minute to get it... Yea Ive seen them shooting rifles at those little steel animal shapes a couple times. Sucks cause they closed the pistol range while they were doing it, even though the two areas are completely separated. No disrespect to those that enjoy it though, just not my thing. Do you plan on shooting at the big country 3 gun Matches? 

2 minutes ago, AF2010 said:

haha It took me a minute to get it... Yea Ive seen them shooting rifles at those little steel animal shapes a couple times. Sucks cause they closed the pistol range while they were doing it, even though the two areas are completely separated. No disrespect to those that enjoy it though, just not my thing. Do you plan on shooting at the big country 3 gun Matches? 

Yeah, i plan on shooting them.  It will be nice having a match that close.  I will probably shoot there and Coleman most of the time, and i make it to San Angelo occasionally but , San Angelo is a pretty good drive for me.  They are good people and have fun matches though

9 hours ago, RJH said:

Yeah, i plan on shooting them.  It will be nice having a match that close.  I will probably shoot there and Coleman most of the time, and i make it to San Angelo occasionally but , San Angelo is a pretty good drive for me.  They are good people and have fun matches though

Nice. See you out there hopefully!

13 hours ago, AF2010 said:

LOL yeaaa that would have been the wise thing to do. I got in a rush due to very low stock on the holster hanger I wanted, and first thing I thought was to ask you guys. Thanks for the info! hanger ordered.

Rules question answered...