Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ARCA Rail options for Tikka T3x Tac A1

Halo09

I have an opportunity to pick up a Tikka T3X for a really good price and I know that most of the new accessories and stage position options in PRS lend themselves to the benefits of the Arca system.  Since I'm new to the competitive side of PRS, I want to make sure I start out with some of the right options.  Have any of you found a good M-lok to Arca conversion?  What brands have you had success with?

-Thanks!

Not all the plates are cut at exactly the perfect angle to fit your clamps. If you use the RRS clamps you’ll see a superior “connection” with the RRS plates because their angles will coincide, meaning more surface area in contact. Otherwise if you mix brands do a test and see if their angles match up.

Using a RRS bipod clamp on a KRG Arca rail I’ve had it walk from the recoil.

Also one of the selling points of the long rails is that you can move your bipod quickly to find a better position. Sounds great but I rarely needed to do that and went back to a simpler shorter plate. But you have to shoot a while to know what you like....

Edited by Frankly

5 minutes ago, Frankly said:

Not all the plates are cut at exactly the perfect angle to fit your clamps. If you use the RRS clamps you’ll see a superior “connection” with the RRS plates because their angles will coincide, meaning more surface area in contact. Otherwise if you do mix brands do a test and see if their angles match up.

Otherwise I’ve had bipods walk from recoil.

Thank you!  Have you seen any good M-Lok adapter rails?  I know that Area 419 has a 12" one but like you said, it would be nice to find a complete "connection" system.

12 hours ago, Halo09 said:

Have any of you found a good M-lok to Arca conversion?  What brands have you had success with?

There are new ones coming out all the time. Plenty of new companies jumping in.

Honestly it's the little fasteners that attach to MLOK, so most anything can be made to work. I have been running Arca for a few years and we had to make our own stuff and figure out how to attach it. lots of trial and error and trips to Ace hardware to make photo parts fit. You could pick up a cheap camera plate and make it work for very little dough if you wanted. Currently there a lot and lots of options for you.

XLR. These guys are fantastic machinist and have excellent attention to detail and service. I buy XLR whenever possible. They are good people and promote the sport.

Sawtooth Rifles are excellent. These guys pioneered a lot of this gear. They deserve credit and are match shooters

HRD Gear Good guys and buddies from Colorado. Mile High sells their gear

Area 419 is very, very well made stuff

Seekins (of course!)

hendersonprecision.com (inexpensive, no 1st hand info)

deltasmfg.com/collections/prs (inexpensive, no 1st hand info)

Desmond Photo (Cheap / Attach it yourself)

I have a buddy that is machining some parts as well. Going to be well made and inexpensive. I can put you in contact, but I do not know their current ETA.

• 4 weeks later...