Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Company is Testing the New Dillon CP2000

Those that decide to automate their presses understand that the warranty (which is only a year on the 1050, 1100, and cp 2000) will be voided; but they realize that the benefits far outweigh that risk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, RJH said:

So even at that pace the trimmer has enough time to work?  I have never used a dillon trimmer, only crappy ones, so i have no idea

Yes, speaking with the Dillon engineers, they believe the trimmer will work even when we’re running a bit faster. But we’re working on that 

On 2/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, RJH said:

So even at that pace the trimmer has enough time to work?  I have never used a dillon trimmer, only crappy ones, so i have no idea

The RT1500(i think thats what they are running) will run at around 350-375 inches per hour of cutting feed speed(the older RT1200 would actually more feed rate, but it wouldnt last as long as the RT1500).  Faster than that and you wont get a clean cut.  On the machine the OP is running, and processing 5.56, at 3000 rounds per hour they would have to be trimming .115 or more to over run the RT1500 trimmer, and my guess is they are only cutting like half of that amount, so 4-5k rounds per hour should be attainable.