Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran mag extensions

Face5535

What’s up guys!  I recently put on a bunch of TT mag extensions.  Since doing so, AJ am having a lot of feeding and reliability issues.  Factory mags and spring-zero problem.  I live the idea of more rounds... but this is causing an issue.

First thought is it’s a spring issue as my slide doesn’t lock back every time either.

Anyone else have thoughts or advise outside of contact TT and see what they say...

Dave Dawson has a video on his website about doing this with his extensions 

and I had to do it with my Arredondo extensions on my G40 to get 20 reliable/reloadable 

It is just something we have to do when we go beyond +3 in the Glock mags it seems. 

Just wanted to give an update here.  The spring was not the issue.  I must have mixed up the followers when putting them back together.  Gen 1 follower is really different than the newer ones.  They DO NOT play well with mag extensions.  Swapped them to the correct followers and the gen 1 follower back to the gen 1 mag, problem fixed!

I have two of them myself, the +5/6. One does not lock the slide back when empty, the other does. Both feed fine though. I haven’t had any issues there. I can only think the reason the one doesn’t lock back is the spring is weak. Even though I’m using the extra power that came with it, and they are very new. 

6 minutes ago, Amerflyer48 said:

Excellent news  just keep that beveling deal in mind if they “act up” in the future 

Other than that run em like you stole em ! 

Yes, since I had them apart I almost just did it.  This damn cold weather here has me not wanting to even move... plus my tools are in the garage... its -20right now.

1 minute ago, Jfitz427 said:

I have two of them myself, the +5/6. One does not lock the slide back when empty, the other does. Both feed fine though. I haven’t had any issues there. I can only think the reason the one doesn’t lock back is the spring is weak. Even though I’m using the extra power that came with it, and they are very new. 

If its a spring issue, you can email TT and send pics of the spring.  They will send you out a new one.  

Just now, Face5535 said:

If its a spring issue, you can email TT and send pics of the spring.  They will send you out a new one.  

I think I have two more already. Just haven’t bothered changing them. The TTIs are a pain in the ass to take off. If they were as easy as my 2011 mags I would have done it a long time ago.