Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Sig2019 Catalog frustrations

425Ranger

I'm in the middle of a substantial pistol order and Sig just keeps changing the game on me. I am baffled by the crazy decisions and seeming random product development.

I am sourcing a duty handgun and a back-up (160 guns). We are upgrading the entire line. I got a quote for the SIG P320 PRO. Worked the issues and Supp height sights and POOF it's gone. I go to my bosses and say, sorry but the bid has to be changed. s#!t.

Fast forward to now, P320 X-Full is perfect. But the promised Romeo1T from SHOTSHOW 2018 is still vaporware. I don't want to commit to the old tech R1. No word until the catalog. X-Full, check. Wording promising R1T and a new R2. Interested. Now my goto backup, the P320 Sub-compact is GONE. Scrubbed from the line up! No sub-compact that accepts the full size mags, only the striker-dragging P365.

I am frustrated. Does any of the experts here have info on the R1T, R2 or if a Sub P320 can still be ordered. Looking for answers for my boss when I say we have to restart, again.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Sig!  If you find something you love, buy 2 or 3, cause Sig will discontinue it. Don't be afraid of the Romeo 1, the 6moa is great. How about 320RX, replace the grip module with the X5 module for $40.

41 minutes ago, 425Ranger said:

I'm in the middle of a substantial pistol order and Sig just keeps changing the game on me. I am baffled by the crazy decisions and seeming random product development.

I am sourcing a duty handgun and a back-up (160 guns). We are upgrading the entire line. I got a quote for the SIG P320 PRO. Worked the issues and Supp height sights and POOF it's gone. I go to my bosses and say, sorry but the bid has to be changed. s#!t.

Fast forward to now, P320 X-Full is perfect. But the promised Romeo1T from SHOTSHOW 2018 is still vaporware. I don't want to commit to the old tech R1. No word until the catalog. X-Full, check. Wording promising R1T and a new R2. Interested. Now my goto backup, the P320 Sub-compact is GONE. Scrubbed from the line up! No sub-compact that accepts the full size mags, only the striker-dragging P365.

I am frustrated. Does any of the experts here have info on the R1T, R2 or if a Sub P320 can still be ordered. Looking for answers for my boss when I say we have to restart, again.

I would think based on dealing with SIG for years you have a LEO Rep.

I'd wait till Monday and contact him.  Even if he is not in, I'd bet he has a contact number.

Let him help you and source for you what's available.

I would think you're not basing your order on the catalog.

IF you are, call SIG Monday and get a Rep to guide you through the process.

Edited by jcc7x7

I'm on with the rep's, and Blueline dealer, not too much insight. They are playing the hand they are dealt. I more often find out information on the forums and tell them, they feign knowledge and get back to me in a couple weeks.

If this isn't the place for information then OK, but I'm trying.

The new X-Compact has the subcompact length slide. You could easily mod a grip for any other length magazine you wanted. Looks to me like the X Pro is now the X-Full. 

VTac has gone to a VTac2. No cool slide cuts but adds a plate for DPP while keeping the rear sights where they are. 

I the Romeo1T got axed since the existing Romeo1 with an add-on shroud has all the primary benefits of the 1T. 

The Romeo1 line itself looks to be migrating to the DPP footprint as the "Romeo2." I don't know what other changes the Romeo2 brings. 

Let me know if I missed anything. We should know more about non catalog SIG shinnanigans next week.